Missing the snow or that fresh mountain air? Then pack your bags and run into the woods! But not before you pick a nice rustic cabin! Which I’ll help you do right this minute!
In this post, you’ll find the best cabins in Duluth, MN, which I listed from most to least spacious, so you can easily decide which one to pick, depending on how many people are coming along. I’ve searched the web for hours to make sure you only get the cabins that have the most amazing reviews!
NOTE: All the cabins that you’ll see in this post are actually located outside Duluth. There are no cabin rentals inside the city, but I still wanted my readers to have at least the closest ones so that way you can commute to visit Duluth!
Before we jump in, I should tell you that these cabins will most likely sell out fast since everyone raves about them. So I recommend booking quickly otherwise you may miss your favorite.
If you are in a hurry
Came here for a quick look? Then check out the list below, which has the best cabins in Duluth, MN:
- Log Cabin on Pike Lake – Best large cabin
- Vintage Cabin on Lake Superior – Best medium cabin
- Cabin Getaway in Brimson – Best small cabin
Large Cabins (for up to 16 people)
- Log Cabin on Pike Lake – Prepping for a few days of nothing but relaxation and rest? Then this Duluth vacation rental is perfect for you as it offers a Finnish sauna, jacuzzi, and a stone fireplace where you can warm up during the winter days! With space for 16 people, the accommodation has an outdoor fire pit, a kitchen, an outdoor play area, and even a ski resort nearby, which is so convenient when there’s snow!
- Cozy House in St. Louis County – Sleep like a baby in the comfy bed of this lake-side cabin that has room for 8 to 14 guests! The Duluth cabin has everything you need for your stay, including a fully-equipped kitchen, a living room with a wood-burning fireplace, and also a sauna. During the day, you can take out the kayaks and paddle boards and at night, gather up by the fire pit and enjoy a glass of wine.
- Cool Cabin in Carlton County – In desperate need of a trip to relax and explore the woods? Well, then, I’ve got just the place for you! This Minnesota log cabin near Duluth can fit up to 12 people, and it’s perfect for wildlife lovers! When you’re not outside hiking and fishing, enjoy sitting by the fireplace, reading a book, and cooking in the kitchen! I recommend booking your favorite cabin fast as they all sell out so quickly!
- Lake Superior Cabin – Set by the famous Lake Superior, this is one of the Duluth cabin rentals that offer some incredible views and great facilities like a stone fireplace, outdoor decks, and even a sauna. Made to fit up to 8 guests, the accommodation is beautifully decorated and has this rustic vibe that we all love, plus, it’s set only a few minutes away from a pebble beach!
- Captain’s Quarters – What a beautiful cabin, decorated with unique elements like brass, limestone, and stained glass, where you’ll feel so at home! With space for 8 guests, the accommodation is set near the woods (so there’s a lot to explore). It also has a gourmet kitchen, a stone fireplace, heated floors, and a spa bath where you can relax at night.
Medium Cabins (for up to 6 people)
- Vintage Cabin on Lake Superior – Nestled on the shores of Lake Superior, Two Harbors, this rustic log cabin is perfect for your tranquil getaway to Minnesota! The accommodation has space for 6 guests, and it has lots of facilities, including a children’s play area, a wood-burning fireplace, and a sauna! So head out for a walk in the woods and then come back and enjoy a relaxing time in the sauna!
- Classic Lake Superior Cabin – Planning a family vacation to Minnesota? Here’s a great place that’s located on the North Shore of Lake Superior. With space for 6 guests, the accommodation is super cozy and has all you need for your visit, including a stone fireplace, outdoor furniture, a tv, and even some toys for your little ones!
- Pequaywan Lake Cabin – Wake up each morning to a stunning view and smell that fresh mountain air! Nestled on the shore of Pequaywan Lake, the cabin is made to fit up to 6 people. Perfect for a family or group of friends, the accommodation has a kitchen, a patio, and a living room. During your trip, you can spend your time cycling around (there are bikes at the cabin) and relaxing in the sauna!
- Lake County Woods Retreat – This cabin has a location that is great for anyone who doesn’t want to be bothered during this trip! Set near the North Shore of Lake Superior and 5 miles (8km) away from Gooseberry Falls State Park, the accommodation has space for 5 people and facilities like a kitchen, a living room, and some games. Enjoy your night by the fireplace, or head inside the sauna for a good old sweaty sesh that will make you feel so good!
- Northwoods Retreat – Enjoy a few days of complete solitude and tranquility away from the city at this cozy Duluth cabin with a gas fireplace, a sauna, and comfy beds. Made to fit 6 people, the accommodation has everything you need for your stay and lots of exploring sites to discover nearby! Whether you’re coming with your friends or family, you’ll definitely have a great time here!
Small Cabins (for up to 4 people)
- Brimson Cabin Getaway – Want to spend your winter vacation surrounded by nature? Then check out this lake cabin that has room for 4 people and which offers some incredible lake views! The accommodation features a kitchen, a dining area, and games (perfect if you’re coming with the family). It also has a fire pit to cozy up at night with a cup of hot cocoa and tell stories!
- Quiet Retreat in Lake County – Are you a big fan of rustic cabins? Then check out this one in Minnesota! Away from the city and surrounded by nature, the accommodation has room for 4 people, and it comes with all the amenities you’ll need, like a kitchen, a porch, and an outdoor play area. Make sure you pack some hiking gear, as there are lots of sites to explore nearby!
- Fish Lake Reservoir Cabin – Enjoy your morning coffee on the porch while admiring the lake views at this cabin’s dreamy location! Made to fit up to 4 people, the accommodation has a garden, a dining room, and a patio. Grab your favorite book and cozy up by the fireplace with a blanket and a glass of wine, and enjoy a tranquil night!
- Woods Cabin in Cloquet – Although small, this cabin is just perfect for a family of 4 people. It has all the necessary facilities, including a full kitchen, an electric fireplace, and free Wi-Fi. Each day you’ll get to admire those amazing lake views and also rent the boat available on-site and explore around! Then you can end your night by sitting at the fire pit and getting warm.
- Luxury Tiny Home on Lake Superior – Such a cool-designed place! It’s so modern, and it has room (and a spacious loft) for 3 people. Set in the forest, the house features some lovely views of Lake Superior, a large kitchen, and a beautifully-arranged outdoor area where you can sit, lay back, and enjoy the weather alongside your favorite book.
|🏡 Best large cabin:
|Log Cabin on Pike Lake
|🛏️ Best medium cabin:
|Vintage Cabin on Lake Superior
|🚪 Best small cabin:
|Cabin Getaway in Brimson
|🧖♀️ Best cabin with a sauna:
|Cozy House in St. Louis County
FAQs about cabins in Duluth, MN
🏡 Which are the best cabin rentals near Duluth?
🐕 Are there pet-friendly cabin rentals near Duluth?
🌊 Which are the best cabin rentals on Lake Superior?
Nothing beats an outing in the woods while staying in a super cozy cabin by the fireplace!
And now that we’ve seen the best cabins in Duluth, MN, I’m sure you’re ready to pack your bags and hit the road.
Remember though that these cabins are not set in Downtown Duluth or inside the port city but right outside. As I mentioned, that’s because there were no options in town, and I still wanted to offer you at least the closest ones!
And since we’re on that chapter, I thought I’d close by leaving you with my 2 favorite cabin rentals near Duluth:
- Log Cabin on Pike Lake – A beautiful log cabin that has so much space, a fireplace, an outdoor play area, and a sauna
- Classic Lake Superior Cabin – Set on the North Shore of Lake Superior this cabin comes with an indoor fireplace, toys for the little ones, and a kitchen
Just don’t forget to book your accommodation fast! Especially if it’s one of the ones set on the North Shore of Lake Superior and near any lakes. Those ones always go first!
Have a wonderful trip, and enjoy hiking around those incredible woods! If you’ve got any questions on the cabins or anything else, just leave me a comment below, and I’ll make sure to answer as quickly as I can!
Pin it for later!
Pin it for later!