Dreaming of lush cloud forests, exotic birds, and trying the famous Costa Rican chocolate (and coffee, of course)?
You came to the right place! In this post, you’ll find a super-detailed guide to the best hotels in Monteverde, Costa Rica, plus a bonus with some unique lodges that I’m sure you’ll love! The hotels are listed from most to least expensive to help you pick the perfect hotel quickly!
Monteverde (also known as Monte Verde) is a paradise for everyone but in particular, eco-tourists! This unique place in Costa Rica, not too far from San Jose, attracts more and more visitors every year.
That’s why I recommend booking your hotels in Monteverde in advance. As I always say: better safe than sorry! These are the best hotels, and they’ll sell out super quickly!
Let’s hit the road!
If you are in a hurry
If you want to book now, quickly browse this list of the best hotels in Monteverde, Costa Rica:
Here’s a map that will help you visualize all the best hotels in Monteverde, Costa Rica that I will be talking about in this post:
1. Luxury (US$150 and up)
- Koora Hotel – I love that this hotel has ceiling-to-floor windows! That way, you can spend a few moments admiring Costa Rica’s natural beauty every day! This hotel in Monteverde has an on-site restaurant, free wifi, and spacious rooms with a private bathroom and a coffee maker. Plus, The Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve is just a 10-minute drive away.
- Hotel Belmar – Relax in the hot tub after a very rewarding yoga sesh at this beautiful hotel that sits within walking distance from Monteverde Cloud Forest. The wooden decor is so lovely, and each room has a private bathroom with free toiletries. Hotel Belmar has a restaurant that uses ingredients from their organic garden, an on-site brewery, and a juice bar.
- Hotel & Spa Poco a Poco – One of the best hotels in Monteverde, Costa Rica, for people who also want to relax during their holiday. The wellness center at Hotel & Spa Poco a Poco offers different beauty treatments and massages using organic products and flowers grown in Monteverde! The hotel also has 2 pools, an on-site restaurant, and an outdoor fireplace.
- Monteverde Inn Valle Escondido Nature Reserve – Take a mental break from your daily life and immerse yourself in the natural beauty of Costa Rica at the Monteverde Inn! The hotel is set inside a private nature preserve which means you’ll have free access to trails, waterfalls, and views of the Pacific Ocean. Grab some breakfast and start exploring!
- Cabañas La Montaña Chalet – Admire the natural surroundings from the balcony at one of the best hotels in Monteverde, Costa Rica, that offers a complimentary continental breakfast and free wifi. Each unit has a private bathroom and a little patio, and they have some wellness facilities available! But make sure to book your accommodations in advance, these hotels are super popular, and many tourists who visit Costa Rica come here!
- Hotel Flor de Bromelia – Surrounded by lush tropical gardens, Hotel Flor de Bromelia is located a 20-minute drive away from Santa Elena Cloud Forest. Each room has a super nice wooden decor, large windows, and a private bathroom equipped with free toiletries. Make sure to explore the grounds around the hotel, the garden looks pretty nice!
- Hotel Claro de Luna – How cute is this boutique hotel in Santa Elena? Make sure you book the room with a spa bath so you can chill there at any time! Guests will also have free wifi access and free private parking here. Plus, the Monteverde Butterfly Gardens is less than 1 mile away, but if you’re looking for more things to do here, check out the latest post with the best things to do in Monteverde, Costa Rica!
- Los Pinos Lodge & Gardens – Feel at home at this eco-friendly property near Santa Elena town and the Monteverde Ecological Sanctuary. You can chill in the hammock all day long, and when you’re hungry, run to the garden and harvest some fresh vegetables (yummy)! The rooms have all the amenities you need and comfortable beds! This is one of the best hotels for eco-tourists.
2. Mid Range (US$80 – US$100)
- Selina Hotel Monteverde – Practicing yoga, eating good food, and spending as much time in nature as possible sounds like the perfect holiday to me! If you feel the same, then check out this hotel nearby the Monteverde Cloud Forest. This is one of the best mid-range hotels and it even has a restaurant and a hot tub!
- Camino Verde B&B – Gotta love a hotel with views of the cloud forest! This hotel in Monteverde, Costa Rica, has a great location, and it even offers free wifi and breakfast! Come back from a day spent at Sky Adventures Monteverde, order a drink from the bar, and chill for a few moments (you’ll need this time after all the ziplining)! And if you’re looking for more amazing places in Costa Rica, check out La Fortuna. It’s just as beautiful!
- Arco Iris Lodge – Drink your morning coffee on the sun loungers at this nice hotel that’s located 4 miles (6 km) away from Monteverde Cloud Forest and Santa Elena Reserve. Have some breakfast or chill on the balcony of your room, and then head out to explore the Butterfly Garden, which is less than a mile away.
- Campo Verde B&B – Tired after that night tour in the Monteverde Cloud Forest? Don’t worry. You are sure to have a good sleep in the comfortable beds of this hotel, and a healthy breakfast will make you feel brand new! After that, you can go back to your bungalow and relax in the hammock on the terrace. Also, guests at the hotel will have access to free wifi.
- Calathea Lodge – This hotel in Monteverde, Costa Rica is surrounded by natural beauty and has spacious rooms equipped with a coffee maker. End your day after visiting Selvatura Adventure Park and the Monteverde Ecological Sanctuary by chilling in front of the outdoor fireplace.
- Cabañas La Pradera – There’s no better way to enjoy a day off from activities than to sit with your friends by the pool, swim, and sunbathe under the Costa Rican sun! This is one of the best hotels that offers free wifi and mountain views. Sky Adventures Monteverde Park and the Monteverde Cloud Forest are located 3 miles (4 km) away from the hotel.
3. Budget (up to US$70)
- Belcruz Bed and Breakfast Monteverde – Enjoy your dream vacation in Monteverde, Costa Rica, at one of the best hotels for budget travelers that has an on-site restaurant. The views are breathtaking (just wait until you catch a sunset here), and the breakfast is delicious! After spending a few hours at Sky Adventures Monteverde or Selvatura Adventure Park, you’ll need some nourishing food.
- La Guayaba Hotel Monteverde – Breakfast with a view, anyone? I’m a big fan of nice views, and in Monteverde, Costa Rica, you get them everywhere, including at this hotel that’s just a short walk away from the Monteverde Ecological Sanctuary. When you’re not out and about exploring the Cloud Forest Biological Reserve, you can relax and enjoy a good book on the sun terrace!
- The Green Tree B&B – Does anyone fancy staying between the treetops? Because it looks so cool! This is one of the best hotels for nature lovers, and it offers a super unique setting plus all the amenities you need. Grab a quick bite and then head off for another day exploring Santa Elena Reserve and the Monteverde Butterfly Garden.
- Nature House Hotel – Looking for a super affordable hotel in Monteverde, Costa Rica? Then look at this one. It’s super nice and has great decor. The hotel has a restaurant and a garden where guests can relax and enjoy the tranquility. Santa Elena Reserve is located a 15-minute drive away from the Nature House hotel.
- Hostel Cattleya – Make some new friends and have the best time ever during your trip to Monteverde, Costa Rica, at this hostel that has spacious rooms, lockers, and a shared kitchen. There’s also a picnic area outside and a garden. Guests will have access to free private parking, and you’ll also be able to rent bicycles if you want for an additional charge.
|👑 Luxury price:
|🏨 Mid Range:
|💰 Accommodation prices:
|🛎️ Best luxury hotel:
|🧳 Best mid-range hotel:
|👛 Best budget hotel:
|Belcruz Bed and Breakfast
|🍃 Top lodge:
|Monteverde Lodge & Gardens
BONUS: The best lodges in Monteverde, Costa Rica
In a place like Monteverde, Costa Rica you’ll want to be surrounded by nature at all times and take in those stunning views at every moment of the day. If you’re looking for other types of accommodations rather than the hotels in the list above, look below.
I’ve made a shorter list of some cool lodges and even a dome. I know you’ll spend most of your time in the Monteverde or Santa Elena Cloud Forest, but it’s going to be so nice to stay in one of these places once you’re back!
Let’s check them out:
Luxury (US$150 and up)
- Chira Glamping – I love this glamping place in Monteverde, Costa Rica! Make sure you book the units with a balcony to enjoy the garden views. You’ll also have access to a free minibar equipped with everything you need to fix a quick breakfast. As guests you’ll have access to free private parking and also you should ask about their tours. They offer walking, hiking, and horse riding tours.
- Monteverde Lodge & Gardens – You’ll want to move to this Monteverde lodge once you see how it looks! Everything from the decor to the rooms and views looks absolutely incredible! Take a full day to relax and enjoy a massage (you’ll need it after all the ziplining in Selvatura Adventure Park), or sit for a few moments in the outdoor hot tub and let your body rest.
- Cala Lodge – Admire the nature views from the comfort of your bed at this fantastic Monteverde lodge that’s located nearby the Santa Elena town center. Take a few hours to explore the grounds (you’ll find some nice reading spots) and take a little blanket with you to sit anywhere. You’ll also have access to a bird-watching deck area and free parking.
Mid Range (US$80 – US$150)
- Monteverde Villa Lodge – Ola amigos! Ready to forget all about your daily activities and spend a few wonderful days in Monteverde, Costa Rica? This nice lodge offers super spacious rooms, free breakfast, and an airport shuttle. Take half a day off to enjoy some of the spa packages at the lodge, then dress up and head to one of the restaurants nearby to indulge in some local food.
- Rainbow Valley – Those outdoor chairs look like the perfect place for sunbathing! Make yourself a cup of coffee in the morning and head outside on the balcony to admire the cloud forest views in Monteverde, Costa Rica. They’re stunning! Each room has a private bathroom, and the accommodation also offers a hot tub and an airport shuttle for its guests.
Frequently asked questions about hotels in Monteverde
❓ Where should I stay when visiting Monteverde, Costa Rica?
🔝 Is Monteverde Costa Rica worth visiting?
Yes, Monteverde offers so many incredible places like the Monteverde Cloud Forest, Santa Elena Cloud Forest, and Selvatura Adventure Park, plus some it has fantastic hotels!
📅 How long should I stay in Monteverde, Costa Rica?
You should spend between 4 or 5 days in Monteverde, Costa Rica, to have time to visit all the attractions and maybe take a day trip or two. Check out our latest post if you’re looking for things to do in Monteverde.
Wow, Monteverde, Costa Rica sure knows how to surprise us! Don’t you think?
Before we say our goodbyes (for now) let’s quickly recap what you’ll find in this post. The first part has all the best hotels in Monteverde, Costa Rica, listed from most to least expensive. Then you’ll also see a bonus with some unique lodges here.
I know it may be overwhelming to make a choice when you have so many unique hotels, all gathered in one place, so here are my top 2 favorite options:
- Koora Hotel – One of the best hotels in Costa Rica, that has spacious rooms and a terrace
- Selina Monteverde – A hotel near the Monteverde Cloud Forest Biological Reserve that has a hot tub
As I’ve mentioned, the number of tourists who come to Monteverde, Costa Rica increases every year, so I highly recommend booking your hotel in advance to avoid missing your favorite place or paying way too much.
Have you already packed? After seeing all of these hotels, I’m sure you’ll be super excited about your trip to Monteverde, Cosa Rica! Have fun exploring the Monteverde and Santa Elena Cloud Forest. Check out our latest post on the best things to do in Monteverde for more tips and tricks!
If you do have any other questions about Santa Elena or Monteverde, Costa Rica leave me a comment below, and I’ll answer as fast as possible.