Are you going on a family vacation in Punta Cana? Well you’ll be happy to know that you are spoiled of choice here in terms of accommodation!
In fact, along the pristine coast of Punta Cana and the adjacent Bavaro beach (the 2 main resort areas in the Dominican Republic), you’ll find countless family resorts for any taste!
To help save you some time researching and help you find the right one for your holiday, I gathered in this post the best Punta Cana all-inclusive family resorts.
All the resorts you’ll find in this post will make all the members of the family happy, offering family-friendly entertainment, access to many water sports, delicious dining options and kid-friendly facilities like a mini club, a water park, and much more.
But as soon as you find the perfect Punta Cana resort, make sure you reserve it far in advance if you don’t want to lose your spot, rooms in these accommodations get booked super fast!
- If you are in a hurry
- 1. Zoëtry Agua Punta Cana – best luxury resort
- 2. Hyatt Ziva Cap Cana – top all-inclusive package
- 3. Sports Illustrated Resorts – most convenient location
- 4. Majestic Mirage Punta Cana – the top private beach
- 5. Majestic Elegance – with an adults only area
- 6. Royalton Bavaro Resort & Casino – for parents to party
- 7. Dreams Onyx Resort & Spa – the best rooms
- 8. Majestic Colonial Punta Cana – for scuba diving
- 9. Barcelo Bavaro Palace – the biggest all-inclusive resort
- 10. Princess Family Club Bavaro – top activities
- 11. Grand Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort Spa – for nature
- 12. Tropical Deluxe Princess – for foodies
- 13. Caribe Deluxe Princess – the most beautiful beach
- 14. Serenade Punta Cana Beach – for world-class service
- 15. Paradisus Palma Real Golf – with a state-of-the-art spa
- BONUS: Best resorts with waterslides in Punta Cana
- FAQs about Punta Cana all-inclusive family resorts
If you are in a hurry
If you just want to quickly book your accommodation, check out this list of the best all-inclusive resorts in Punta Cana, sorted by interest:
- Best 5-star all-inclusive resort – Zoëtry Agua Punta Cana
- Top resort with a private beach – Majestic Mirage Punta Cana
- Best family-friendly resort – Royalton Bavaro All-Inclusive Resort
- Top Punta Cana resort with a water park – Nickelodeon Hotels
If you’re wondering where the resorts are located in Punta Cana, check out this map:
1. Zoëtry Agua Punta Cana – best luxury resort
If you want to splurge a little during your family holiday, this stunning resort is for you, located right on Punta Cana’s beautiful Caribbean coast. In fact, this luxurious property offers any kind of amenities: swimming pools, a spa and wellness center for full relaxation (you’ll even get a free 10-minute wellness or fitness consultation), and a restaurant overlooking the beach.
But the best thing is that here you will have access to activities for the entire family. From water sports like snorkeling, diving, and canoeing in crystal clear waters, to horse riding, surfing on the popular nearby beach of Playa del Macao, or joining fun cooking classes… Everyone will love it!
2. Hyatt Ziva Cap Cana – top all-inclusive package
This is one of the top resorts in Punta Cana, located on a stretch of white sand beach, offering literally everything you need from a holiday with your family, and the best thing is that it is all included in the package!
Here you will have access to your own water park, entertainment staff, a kids’ club and teen club for older kids, the incredible Ziva spa (perfect for parents who just want to get relaxing massages), and the Punta Espada Golf Course just nearby. And wait until you taste the delicious food, the property hosts 6 themed restaurants that will satisfy the appetite of anyone!
3. Sports Illustrated Resorts – most convenient location
This all-inclusive resort has a super convenient location in Punta Cana, exactly in the marina and only a 10 minute drive from Punta Cana International Airport. But this luxurious property has much more to offer you, like a kids club, 6 gourmet restaurants, a fitness center for the most active ones, and a Beach Club serving food, drinks and snacks all day!
And wait until you see the exclusive suites, they all feature elegant and modern décor, private balconies or patios, spacious seating and dining areas, and some of them even a private plunge pool, perfect if you want to have some private and tranquil time with your loved ones!
4. Majestic Mirage Punta Cana – the top private beach
If you want to have access to your own private beach during your holiday, this luxury resort in Bavaro Beach (one of the best places to stay in Punta Cana) is for you, offering amenities and activities for the whole family!
Some examples? Here you will have access to not 1 but 4 swimming pools (one with a swim-up bar), 10 restaurants serving any kind of cuisine, water sports facilities to snorkel, dive, or windsurf, a nearby golf club, a children’s playground, a games room and a casino, live music entertainment, and nightclub for the ones who want to stay up until late hours… What else do you need?
5. Majestic Elegance – with an adults only area
This Caribbean beachfront resort, located on Playa Bavaro, offers very elegant amenities and suites and makes you feel at the same time the comfort of being at your own home… so it has a perfect balance!
In the property, you will find literally everything you need: an on-site theater, 6 a la carte restaurants, 9 bars, a supervised kids club just a short walk from the suites, a spa, and even the adult-only Elegance Club with a private pool and beach areas! But one of the best things here is the family rooms, all featuring a huge bathroom with a spa bath and a walk-in shower.
6. Royalton Bavaro Resort & Casino – for parents to party
If you are going on a holiday with veery young kids, this all-inclusive family resort is for you, located on the beautiful Bavaro Beach! Why? The property offers many services to make your life easier, like a supervised kids club, a children’s playground, and babysitting services… so you can take a break and enjoy some deserved relaxation.
But here you’ll also find amenities for the entire family: like a private water park, a mini golf, water sports facilities, a tennis court, and fitness center for those who want to stay in shape, a spa, and a cool casino with slot machines and table games.
7. Dreams Onyx Resort & Spa – the best rooms
Located right on a white sand, pristine beach, this stunning resort boasts very friendly and welcoming staff, a kids club, a relaxing spa and sauna, and some of the best family rooms you can find in Punta Cana!
Here each room comes with breathtaking sea views, a private terrace or balcony to relax in after a day spent joining watersports or playing beach volleyball with your family, a spa bath, and, some of them, even a private swim-up pool. The best one for families is definitely the Preferred Club Junior Suite Swim Up (with 2 double beds)… check out the pictures, you’ll fall in love!
8. Majestic Colonial Punta Cana – for scuba diving
If you love watersports, this beach resort in Playa Bavaro is THE place for you, hosting a large section of private beach with a full dive center! Here you will get a free introductory SCUBA lesson in the pool, a PADI certification class and dive trips (for an additional fee), and any kind of excursion for the whole family.
And when you’re tired of staying in the ocean, you can just chill in one of the many family pools
(one of which is a designated children’s pool), play table tennis, enjoy nightly entertainment in the resort’s theater, gamble at the casino, or indulge in the best food at the themed restaurants on-site!
9. Barcelo Bavaro Palace – the biggest all-inclusive resort
This family resort nestled on Bavaro Beach is just HUGE and actually offers a “resort within a resort” specifically for families, with its Family Club, a separate check-in area, accommodation buildings, its own swimming pool, and beach, while there’s also a restricted area just for adults.
Family Club guests will have access to a fun water park with a wave pool, tennis courts, many restaurants, and snack stands, and a kids club, while any guest can enjoy the 18-hole golf course or get relaxing massages at the world-renowned spa. This place is just magical… check it out to see it yourself!
10. Princess Family Club Bavaro – top activities
Do you belong to the kind of family who loves to join as many activities as they can during holidays? Then this resort in Bavaro Beach is what you’re looking for, offering something to do from when you wake up to when you go to sleep!
Here you can challenge your beloved ones at table tennis, darts and tennis, while if you love watersports you can go snorkeling and windsurfing in the nearby area, and your kids can play all day at the children’s playground or splash in the swimming pools. And to get the energy to do all this, don’t forget to have the delicious buffet breakfast served every morning!
11. Grand Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort Spa – for nature
This all-inclusive family resort in Bavaro Beach, will make you feel like you are in a tropical forest! Here you’ll find colorful birds like flamingos at any corner of the property, a beautiful park, and green vegetation surrounding the accommodations.
Talking about that, the Grand Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort Spa hosts family suites and bungalows with a private balcony, a living room area, and even private hot tubs, offering the perfect balance between comfort and elegance, and giving you access to 10 restaurants, spa treatments at the on-site spa and a 2 swimming pools! I mean, what else do you need?
12. Tropical Deluxe Princess – for foodies
Are you a foodie, and your family too? Then this all-inclusive family resort in Bavaro Beach is for you, offering free breakfast which you can also order to your room, lunch and dinner, plus yummy snacks and local drinks 24 hours (try the traditional Caipiriña)… and they are all delicious!
For dinner, you can choose from 8 incredible restaurants serving any kind of cuisine, from local to Italian, French, Asian, Brazilian, and much more… and when you have your belly full you can continue the night at one of the 9 on-site bars serving national and international drinks, have a dessert at the creperie or watch a game at the 24/7 sports bar.
13. Caribe Deluxe Princess – the most beautiful beach
This all-inclusive family resort is located on one of the most beautiful beaches in the whole Dominican Republic island, in the Bavaro Beach area, and offers many luxurious amenities for a holiday full of comforts. Some examples?
Here you will have access to 3 big swimming pools with sundecks, a spa and wellness center offering many relaxing treatments and wellness packages, tennis and basketball courts and a private beach area with lifeguards. In the property there’s also a mini club, dedicated kids’ pool and outdoor play zone for kids, and a teen club for young adults… so anyone will be satisfied!
14. Serenade Punta Cana Beach – for world-class service
In this Punta Cana family resort, located a few steps from Cabeza de Toro Beach, the staff will go over and beyond to make you feel like the queen or king that you are, offering room service and being happy to help you with any request you might have… and they always do that with a smile!
But everything in this property is just perfect, from the outdoor swimming pool with ocean views to the tranquil garden where you can unwind or take some sun, the children’s playground for the younger ones, or the fabulous fitness center, fully equipped with everything you need to stay in shape!
15. Paradisus Palma Real Golf – with a state-of-the-art spa
If you want to fully relax during your holiday in Punta Cana, this 5-star, beach-front resort offers a state-of-an-art spa and wellness center with a jacuzzi, a sauna, a relaxation area and many treatments like body wraps, body scrubs, facial treatments, and beauty services.
But that’s not all! The property features 596 rooms, 11 swimming pools, 4 tennis courts, 8 restaurants, 11 bars, a Kids Club, and many cool activities to join, like kayaking, sailing, dance classes, and sushi-making… trust me, you’ll never get bored here! And the rooms are so spacious and modern, check out the pictures, you’ll love them!
|🛎️ Top luxury Punta Cana resort:
|Zoëtry Agua Punta Cana
|🌊 Resort with the best water park:
|👨👨👧👧 Top family-friendly resort:
|🏖️ Hotel with a private beach:
|💵 Avg hotel price:
|☀️ Best time to go:
|December – March
BONUS: Best resorts with waterslides in Punta Cana
If you are going on a holiday with the whole family in Punta Cana, I am sure that a big plus would be that the property has a cool waterpark, where you can splash and have a lot of fun with your loved ones.
And, great news, in Punta Cana there are plenty of them! We have already seen some in the main list of all inclusive resorts before, but I gathered some other resorts with waterslides in this special bonus, so you have all the options possible to make the right choice!
- Dreams Macao Beach Punta Cana: Located in Punta Cana, a few steps from Macao Beach, this resort offers amenities and activities for any member of the family including a fitness center, a kids’ club, children’s playground, tennis courts and a big water park with 4 tall water slides where you can splash the whole day, and many sun chairs!
And wait until you see the family rooms, all offering air-conditioning, a flat-screen TV, a private balcony, a private bathroom with a walk-in shower, and some of them even a swim-up private pool… check out the pictures, I am sure you will love them.
- Club Med: Located in Punta Cana, this all-inclusive resort is perfect for an unforgettable vacation both with your couple and family. In fact, here you will find some adults-only areas, like the Zen Oasis, and many family-friendly amenities, like the “Creative” playground by Cirque du Soleil, inspired by the famous troupe, and a small waterpark for young kids, with amazing ocean views.
But here you can join so many activities: excursions on the island, golf, kitesurfing, snorkeling, fitness classes, tennis, horse riding, team sports and much more!
- Bahia Principe Fantasia: I am sure you will love this incredible accommodation in Punta Cana, offering an elegant restaurant on-site for the best dinners, free private parking, perfect if you want to explore the area, and even a super cool water park for kids, that looks like a Disney castle, with waterslides and colorful towers!
And the surroundings of the hotels are just stunning: you will have access to stunning beaches and adrenaline watersports like snorkeling, windsurfing and diving… how cool does it sound?
- Nickelodeon Hotels: Nickelodeon resort is definitely one of the ultimate family resorts in the Dominican Republic, located in the Uvero Alto beach section of Punta Cana. This luxury property hosts a huge, full water park called Aqua Nick (that feels like an amusement park) with slides for everyone, and a private stretch of white sand beach, where you can spend the whole day sunbathing and feeling the sea breeze.
And wait to see the unique accommodations, from normal rooms to swim-up pool suites and large villas, there is even a pineapple villa, inspired by SpongeBob SquarePants’s undersea home! Note that this hotel has a lower rating than what I usually recommend, but I included it in this list because the huge waterpark here is insane and the hotel is any child’s dream!
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana: This resort has something to offer to literally any member of the family. Younger kids can spend their time at the dedicated children’s play area, splash in the water park featuring 2 big waterslides, participate in the KIDZ BOP program (that will teach them how to make music) and even join kid-friendly parties at the kids’ pool.
Adults, on the other hand, will love just relaxing in one of the 13 swimming pools, sunbathing at the private beach, or having delicious food at the international restaurants! As with the hotel before, this one is rated a little lower than what I would normally recommend, but it is still a pretty good option if all the other accommodations on this list are booked out because the whole hotel is like a theme park!
FAQs about Punta Cana all-inclusive family resorts
👨👨👧👧 Which are the best all-inclusive resorts in Punta Cana for families?
The best Punta Cana all-inclusive family resorts are the Majestic Colonial Punta Cana offering access to many cool watersports, nightly entertainment and a pristine private beach, or the Royalton Bavaro All-Inclusive Resort & Casino, featuring a supervised kids club, a children’s playground, and babysitting services.
🛎️ Which are the best luxury Punta Cana Resorts for families?
🌊 Which are the best luxury Punta Cana Resorts with a water park?
👍 Is Punta Cana a good place for families?
Yes, Punta Cana is definitely a family-friendly destination, offering pristine beaches with access to many watersports, amusement parks, shopping districts, outdoor activities, museums, and especially all-inclusive resorts that are kid friendly!
We finally reached the end of this extensive guide about the best all-inclusive resorts in Punta Cana, offering many family-friendly amenities and facilities. We have even seen a bonus about the top accommodation with water parks on the island!
So, have you decided at which resort you will stay?
If you’re still undecided, I cannot blame you, it’s hard to decide between so many good options! So let me help you a little more with my 2 favorite family-friendly resorts in Punta Cana:
- Royalton Bavaro All-Inclusive Resort & Casino – this is one of the best Punta Cana all-inclusive family resorts if you’re looking for a luxury service and kid-friendly facilities
- Majestic Mirage Punta Cana – This luxury resort in Bavaro Beach, Punta Cana, has its own private beach, a children playground, a games room and live music entertainment!
If you like them as much as I do, please make sure to book at least some months in advance, or you will lose the spot! Everyone wants to stay here and rooms get booked super fast!
And if you have any questions for me or suggestions about other great resorts in Punta Cana, please share them in the comments below, I am looking forward to answering you!
Have a wonderful family vacation in Punta Cana!
Pin it for later!
Pin it for later!