Are you planning your holiday in Michigan, but you also want to bring your four-legged friend with you? Good news: there are many pet-friendly rentals in this beautiful US state, and I have already collected the best ones in this travel guide!
In fact, here you will find the top pet-friendly cabins in Michigan that will give you access to stunning vacation spots like Lake Michigan and all the privacy you need. Although some of them cover a pet fee for a stay, I will specify which.
I have divided all the stunning accommodations that I’ve found by cabin capacity (large, medium, and small), and I have also added an extra bonus with the top pet-friendly cabins with a lakefront location, so you are only spoiled by choice.
The only thing you have to remember is to book your favorite accommodation far in advance (at least 2 or 3 months), so you can make sure you reserve yourself a spot and maybe find some good deals.
Are you ready to explore all the cabins with me?
If you are in a hurry
If you don’t have time to read the whole post, check out this list of the best pet-friendly rentals in Michigan:
- Lexington Lake Huron Log Home – Best large rental cabin
- Cabin Lake Superior – Best medium dog-friendly cabin
- Northern Memories Getaway – Best small rental cabin
Since these pet-friendly cabins in Michigan are dispersed all over the state, I made a map so you can see where each one is located:
Large Cabins (for up to 30 people)
- Lexington Lake Huron Log Home (17 beds) – Located on 10 acres (4 hectares) of open fields and 200 feet (60 m) of sandy Lake Huron frontage, this spacious cabin is perfect for big groups of friends or family reunions, hosting up to 30 people. Here you will enjoy spectacular views of the lake from most of the rooms (including the large living room), warm yourself in front of the stone fireplace, sunbathe on the beautiful private beach, or just chill on the large deck.
- Zeron`s Private Island Summer Paradise (5 beds) – If you want to have a retreat in full privacy and tranquility, this dog-friendly cabin is for you; located on a private island on Sage Lake and hosts up to 20 people. Have your morning coffee on the spacious deck with stunning lake views, get a pontoon boat at the rowboat rental to go fishing around the island, and get a well-deserved sleep in the comfy rooms with air conditioning!
- Majestic Log Home (10 beds) – Check out this spacious cabin nestled in a secluded and tranquil location at walking distance from Lake Michigan and hosting up to 14 people. Here you will wake up with stunning views of the lake, wildlife, and sunrises, cook your favorite breakfast and have it in the dining area (or on the picnic table outside), and end the day watching the stars while warming up in front of the outdoor fire pit. How great is that?
- Pet-Friendly, Betsie River Retreat (10 beds) – Located in Northern Michigan, at walking distance from the Crystal Mountain ski resort, this riverfront cabin for up to 10 people is perfect if you love the outdoors. In fact, here, you’ll have access to country skiing, trout fishing, paddle boat rentals, and 39 hiking trails. And after a day full of activities, you’ll come back home and find all you need for an extended vacation, like a flat-screen TV, a big dining table, and wood burning fireplace.
- Pet-Friendly Cabin (4 beds) – Located a short drive from both Traverse City and Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, this pet-friendly cabin is perfect for a relaxing holiday, hosting 2 bedrooms for up to 8 people. Here you will have all the facilities to make you feel at home, like a cable TV, a fully equipped kitchen with a big dining table (perfect for sharing delicious meals with your beloved ones), and a fireplace.
- Year-Round Cabin Rental (4 beds) – Nestled in the heart of the Hiawatha National Forest, this cozy pet-friendly cabin for 8 people offers the perfect setting for a weekend getaway disconnected from the world! In fact, here you’ll have access to the most various activities, from kayaking to paddle boarding, bird watching, fishing, hiking, etc. And to end your day in the best way, share some special moments making s’mores with your beloved ones at the stone fire pit.
Medium Cabins (for 6 or 7 people)
- Cabin Lake Superior (4 beds) – Located within a short walking distance of Lake Superior Beach and the AuTrain River, this pet-friendly rental is done completely in woodwork and is nested in true natural beauty. Here you’ll have access to all the facilities you need: 3 bedrooms hosting up to 7 people, a fully equipped kitchen, a living area, a wood-burning stove, and much more. NOTE: There is a pet fee of US$50 on the final price to bring your four-legged friend!
- Charming Rustic Cabin (2 beds) – Looking for a peaceful place to recharge your energies? Then check out this cozy cabin nestled in green pines, at just 0.5 miles (less than 1 km) from the entrance of Crystal Mountain Ski and Golf Resort. The house offers 3 bedrooms with two queen size beds for up to 7 guests, stunning views of Lake Superior, as well as access to many activities like fishing, hiking, and cross-country skiing. NOTE: There is a pet fee of US$50 on the final price for vacation pets.
- Year-Round Secluded Cabin (3 beds) – Nestled in the heart of the Hiawatha National Forest, this pet-friendly cabin rental is the perfect place for a quiet getaway with your family, hosting up to 6 people in two bedrooms. Here you can just chill in your private hot tub gazebo, play summer yard games in the huge front and back yard and enjoy a relaxing bonfire while stargazing at night. How great does it sound?
- Beautiful Vacation Home On Lake Huron (5 beds) – Located steps away from Lake Huron and the Mackinac Bridge, this cozy guest house will make you feel immediately at home, hosting three bedrooms for 6 people, each one with a spacious balcony. Here you will cook your favorite breakfast in the fully equipped kitchen, spend the day soaking up some sun at the sandy beach nearby, and finish it with a fire pit in the company of your beloved ones!
- Tranquil Cottage (3 beds) – If during your holiday you just want to relax, unwind and enjoy some real natural beauty, this 3-bedroom, dog-friendly cabin for 6 people is for you, nestled in 30 acres (12 hectares) of woodland in Fairview. Here you can spend your days watching deer, wild turkeys, and eagles from the porch or following the hiking trails in the area. Spend the nights watching Netflix or stargazing in front of the wood-burning fireplace – it’s up to you!
- Lakefront Log Cabin (2 beds) – Located literally steps from crystal blue Lake Michigan, this pet-friendly cabin features 2 bedrooms for up to 6 guests, perfect for a getaway with your family and friends. Get ready to enjoy cozy bonfires, swim in the unsalted waters of the Lake, gaze at unmatched sunset views right outside your door, or unspoiled walks along 3 miles (5 km) of preserved, undeveloped beach. Sounds like a dream, doesn’t it?
Small Cabins (for up to 5 people)
- Northern Memories Couples Getaway! (3 beds) – Looking for a place to spend a romantic getaway with both your special one and your four-legged friend? Then check out this pet-friendly cabin nestled in the woods of Northern Michigan, offering 2 bedrooms for up to 3 people. Here you will share some intimate moments in the private hot tub, enjoy some delicious gas grill barbecues, and warm up in front of the fire pit in winter! NOTE: There is a pet fee of US$50 on the final price for vacation pets.
- Clean & Cozy Family Friendly Cabin (2 beds) – Located in Silver City, this cozy cabin is the perfect base camp for exploring the Porcupine Mountain State Park or for a family holiday, hosting up to 4 people. The house features stunning views of Lake Superior, a large propane grill, and outside seating with a bonfire pit for enjoying a bonfire and board games to have some fun with your loved ones… what else do you need?
- “Camp Garno” Cabin (1 bed) – If you love the outdoors, this one-bedroom cabin for 4 people is for you. It’s located in the heart of Northern Michigan and gives you access to countless hiking trails, canoeing, rafting, and fishing on the majestic Manistee River, the Missaukee Golf Courses, and even some bubbling springs. After an intense day full of activities, just relax in the hammock or around the fire pit, or cook and enjoy your favorite meals on the outdoor patio!
- Quiet River Cabin (2 beds) – Secluded on the Middle Branch of the Pere Marquette River, this pet-friendly cabin hosts up to 4 people and is perfect for relaxing, unwinding, and disconnecting from the outside world. In fact, you will have access to 100 acres (40 hectares) of trails and many cool watersports like canoeing, kayaking, and fishing, as well as many good restaurants in the surroundings. NOTE: a small fee for cleaning could be applied at the end of your stay if necessary.
- Cozy, Romantic Log Cabin (3 beds) – This historic log cabin for 4 people is located in Emmet County and is just perfect for a romantic getaway with your special one. Here you will have all the facilities you need for a holiday full of comforts, like a flat-screen TV, a fire pit, free private parking, and a washer. This gem is so beautiful that it has been photographed by Traverse Magazine.
- Adorable Cabin on Little Lake (2 beds) – This one-bedroom cabin for 3 people will make you feel immediately at home; located right on the shores of Little Lake and near many walking trails. The property offers a grill to make delicious barbecues, a fire pit for cozy nights, kayaks to do some activities during the day, and even a private yard on-site with a large deck just to relax and enjoy the quiet evenings.
|🏘️ Best large cabin:
|Lexington Lake Huron Log Home
|🏡 Best medium cabin:
|Cabin Lake Superior
|🏚️ Best small cabin:
|Northern Memories Getaway
|🌊 Best lakefront cabin:
BONUS: Best pet-friendly lakefront cabins
It is widely known that there are countless beautiful lakes in Michigan (such as Lake Michigan and the Bear Dunes National Lakeshore) offering access to cool water sports like kayaking, paddling and fishing, sandy beaches and stunning landscape views.
For this reason, I have collected, on this special bonus, all the best pet-friendly lakefront cabins in Michigan and listed them in descending order from the one with the biggest capacity to the one with the least.
These accommodations also make a good alternative if you don’t find availability in any of your favorite cabins on the main list. Now, let’s start exploring all the following dog-friendly cabins together:
- Lake Superior Paradise – Hermit’s Cove (4 beds) – Located on a beautiful sandy bay of Lake Superior, one of the best places to stay in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, this rustic cabin hosts up to 11 people, perfect for a stay with your friends or for big families. You will have access to guest rooms with beautiful views of the Lake and Huron Mountains, a game table, a living room with comfy couches, a fully equipped kitchen, and even an outdoor wood-fired ‘Finnleo’ sauna. Note: the cabin is available only from April to November!
- Wiggins Lakefront, Dock, and Beach! (3 beds) – This pet-friendly cabin, located on a small and tranquil lake in Northern Michigan, is perfect if you want to have easy access to many watersports, like fishing, kayaking, and paddle boating (you can use the paddle boat on-site). The property hosts up to eight people and offers a fully equipped kitchen where you can cook your favorite meals, a full bath to relax, a sun porch perfect for sunbathing, and a stone fireplace with a candle display.
- Summer Getaway Cabin (2 beds) – This beautiful Lake Superior cabin, hosting up to 6 people, is located in a harbor with a great view of Brockway Mountain and the Copper Harbor Lighthouse. Imagine waking up with this scenery! The property’s location is just great, being a short bike ride to the town of Copper Harbor and at the same time within walking distance to Fort Wilkins State Park; plus, it will give you access to mountain bike trails and kayaking, perfect for adventure seekers!
- Bailey’s Rustic Lake House (4 beds) – Check out this 1940’s historic log lakehouse, nestled in a beautiful wooded lakefront location on Tee Lake (Lewiston, MI) and hosting up to 6 people. Here you will start your day with a delicious breakfast on the exposed porch area overlooking the lake (perfect also for enjoying the sunsets in the evening), read a book, relax, or watch the loons on the lakeside swing, and enjoy an evening boat ride to Sunset Cove on the rowboat or canoe available at the property.
- Cozy Family and Pet-Friendly Cabin Near Fife Lake (4 beds) – Located just a few minutes walking from Fife Lake, this dog-friendly cabin will make you feel immediately at home, hosting up to 5 people perfect for a family getaway! The property is fully equipped with any comfort you need, like a kitchen, a private bathroom with a shower, and a wood-burning fireplace, and offers easy access to many river activities, including fishing, tubing, and canoeing, as well as miles of hiking trails. You will have a blast here!
- Log Cabin Rental (1 bed) – If you want to completely disconnect from the outside world, this quiet and peaceful cabin is for you, nestled in the heart of the Hiawatha National Foreston on the Aleck Lake, at just a 20-minute drive from Downtown Munising. You will spend your days kayaking or fishing at the lake, hiking in the nearby trails, enjoying bird watching right outside your front door, and ending your nights with a campfire at night under the stars.
FAQs about pet-friendly cabins in Michigan
🏡 Which are the best pet-friendly cabin rentals in Michigan?
🚣🏻♀️ Which are the best pet-friendly lakefront cabins in Michigan?
🐶 What Michigan State parks allow dogs in cabins?
The Michigan State Parks allowing dogs in cabins are the Cheboygan State Park, the Craig Lake State Park, the Harrisville State Park, and the Lime Island State Park.
📍 Which are the best pet-friendly cabins in Northern Michigan?
🌿 Which are the best secluded pet-friendly cabins in Michigan?
Congratulations! You came to the end of this extensive guide about the best pet-friendly cabins in Michigan, divided by cabin capacity (large, medium, or small). So, have you decided where you will stay?
We saw countless accommodations with access to stunning vacation spots like Lake Michigan and also a bonus with the best pet-friendly lakefront cabins in Michigan.
If you’re still undecided, I cannot blame you, we went through so many options, and they were all great! So let me give you extra help with my 2 absolute favorite pet-friendly cabins in Michigan:
- Pet-Friendly, Betsie River Retreat – This pet-friendly cabin is located within walking distance from the Crystal Mountain ski resort, and its amazing country skiing
- Year-Round Cabin Rental – Nestled in the heart of the Hiawatha National Forest, this pet-friendly cabin hosts up to 4 people and offers a private hot tub gazebo.
If you like them as much as I do, make sure you book them at least some months in advance or you might lose the spot: these accommodations get booked out quite fast!
And if you have any questions or cabin suggestions for me, please share them in the comments below: I’ll answer you in the blink of an eye.
Have an amazing holiday!
Pin it for later!
Pin it for later!