Romantic candle-lit dinners, going on outdoor adventures together, and staying in the most incredible hotels! Montana sure is a wonderful destination for a couple’s getaway!
And since there are so many stunning options, today I’ll help you find the best Montana resorts for couples! After thorough research, I’ve come up with a fabulous list of hotels with great reviews, which I ordered from most to least expensive.
That is just the beginning, I’ve also added 2 bonus sections (since there were so many amazing accommodations), with the best romantic cabins in Montana and the top hotels which have a hot tub in the room.
So there’s plenty to go around, but I would recommend booking your hotel early, as Montana is a super popular destination, and many tourists come here to enjoy the Montana Rockies or the hot springs.
NOTE: Since most people visit Montana during the high seasons in summer (June to August) and winter (December to March), prices tend to be higher then, so make sure to book even earlier if you’re planning on visiting during that time.
But let’s not waste time, and let’s hit the road!
If you are in a hurry
Too impatient to read through the whole post? No worries! You can have a look at the shortlist below, which has the best resorts for couples in the Big Sky Country:
- Best luxury hotel – Montage Big Sky
- Top mid-range hotel – Big Sky Resort Village Center
- Best budget hotel – Outlook Inn Bed and Breakfast
Montana is a big state, so I thought I’d add this map here with all the hotel locations so you can easily spot them:
Luxury (US$300 and up)
- The Ranch at Rock Creek – Book a romantic cabin at this incredible dude ranch located in Philipsburg with views of the Spanish Peaks, and enjoy a few days of outdoor activities like archery or mountain biking, fly fishing, cozy nights in, and some fabulous spa services with your partner in the main lodge! All the accommodations have that rustic charm we all love, modern amenities, and a gas stove.
- Triple Creek Ranch Resort – Set in such a serene location in Darby, this accommodation is perfect for your Montana honeymoon! Featuring different suites and cabins that are beautifully furnished with Western decors, this place offers easy access to Montana’s best hiking trails and ski slopes! Enjoy lots of cool activities like fly fishing, wine tastings, and horseback riding, and at night, plan a romantic dinner at the restaurant on-site.
- Montage Big Sky – Can you smell that fresh mountain air? Located in Big Sky, this ski-in/ski-out resort offers luxury amenities and some fabulous rooms with comfortable beds and great views! Perfect for a romantic getaway during ski season, the accommodation comes with a spa center, a hot tub, and 3 restaurants. Make sure you book these hotels fast, as Montana is a super popular place with lots of cool attractions!
- Gallatin River Lodge – Located in Bozeman in a super secluded location not too far from Yellowstone River, this place is so great for couples looking to spend a tranquil holiday. Start your morning with a romantic breakfast in bed in your fabulous suites with craftsman-style oak furniture and wooden furniture and then head out and try some of the activities like fly fishing, hiking, and snow skiing, or stay in and enjoy all the spa services with your partner!
- Sage Lodge – Preparing for your romantic getaway? Then check out this hotel set in Pray, 10 miles (17 km) away from the North Entrance of Yellowstone National Park. It has comfortable rooms with a balcony overlooking Paradise Valley, a spa center with a hot tub, and 2 on-site restaurants. During the holiday, you and your partner can relax by the outdoor fireplace, enjoy some massages and, of course, go horseback riding or rent some bikes to explore the area.
- The Lodge at Trout Creek – A super cozy place to stay where you can enjoy the fresh Montana air and iconic views! Set in Trout Creek, the accommodation offers lovely rooms with a great view, and some even have a balcony. Every morning you can enjoy your free breakfast and then relax with your partner outside or play a bit in the game room! But don’t forget that there are lots of cool things to do around, like hiking!
Mid-range (from US$200 to US$300)
- Big Sky Resort Village Center – Located within Big Sky Mountain Village ski resort, this place is a dream for all couples who love winter sports! The accommodation offers rooms with a flat-screen TV and a small kitchenette. After a day of skiing together, you can enjoy a yummy meal at the restaurant on-site or head straight to the spa to enjoy a nice long massage (that we’ll do wonders for your muscle) and chill in the jacuzzi.
- Yellowstone Park Hotel – If you’re a lover of romantic getaways in nature, then check out this place that’s located within walking distance of the West Entrance of Yellowstone National Park. The accommodation has simple decor and cozy rooms. You’ll also find an indoor pool, a fitness center, and a hot tub here.
- Bozeman Lewis & Clark Motel – Set within walking distance of the Historic District in Bozeman, this affordable place to stay offers everything you need for your couple’s getaway, including comfortable rooms, lots of privacy, and an indoor swimming pool! End a day of exploring the town and visiting attractions with some drinks at the bar.
- RSVP Hotel – Gotta love a hotel that has great aesthetics! Those are important even on romantic getaways, am I right? This Bozeman hotel offers the coolest rooms with a flat-screen TV and coffee makers so you can start your mornings right! Afterward, you can head to the restaurant on-site for a yummy breakfast and enjoy the Montana sun by the outdoor pool!
- Lodge at Whitefish Lake – Wake up to a beautiful view of Whitefish Lake at this fabulous lodge that has rooms decorated with wooden furnishings! Make this romantic getaway unforgettable and enjoy some incredible dinners with your partner at the restaurant on-site or go to the spa and swim in the pools. The accommodation has free Wi-Fi, and it offers lots of activities like horseback riding, themed dinners, and water sports.
- Kandahar Lodge at Whitefish Mountain Resort – Ski during the day and explore Downtown Whitefish during the night while staying at this amazing resort which offers incredible views of the surrounding mountains and an intimate atmosphere that will make your Montana honeymoon unforgettable! The ski-in/ski-out accommodation also has a spa center where you can enjoy various treatments and even some board games!
Budget (up to US$200)
- Outlook Inn Bed and Breakfast – Offering an idyllic location in Somers not too far from Columbia Falls, this serene place has such a cool vibe! Surrounded by trees and flowers, the accommodation offers rooms with a private deck overlooking the lake (where you can enjoy your breakfast), a picnic area, and a garden. During your holiday, you guys can try some of the numerous activities they offer, from horseback riding to fishing, and skiing!
- Alpine Lodge – Looking for something a bit more affordable for your couple’s getaway? Then check out this cozy lodge that is equipped with everything you need for your stay, including comfortable rooms with a private bathroom and a patio with garden views, and free Wi-Fi. Located in Red Lodge, Montana, the accommodation offers a tranquil setting where at the end of the day, you can relax by the outdoor fireplace with a glass of wine!
- The Pine Lodge on Whitefish River – Planning to visit the Glacier National Park together? Then check out this lodge in Whitefish, a town located just 25 miles (40 km) southwest of the west entrance of the park. Featuring indoor and outdoor pools, a hot tub, and an outdoor fireplace, this hotel screams romantic getaways! Plus some great rooms with a tub and a flat-screen TV overlooking the mountains!
- Cedar Creek Lodge & Conference Center – Cozy romantic nights by the fireplace in the shared lounge, relaxing in the jacuzzi and going on adventures! This hotel which is set in Columbia Falls, a town located 15 miles (24 km) south of the main West Glacier entrance of Glacier National Park, has such great facilities. In the morning, all guests get a free breakfast and hot coffee, as you’ll need all the energy when you go out to explore!
- Rocky Point Ranch – Although simple, this cute bed and breakfast will make you feel right at home! Their rooms are super comfortable and equipped with all you need for your stay, like a private bathroom and free Wi-Fi. After a day of hiking or fishing, you guys can relax in front of the fireplace or in the garden if the weather is pleasant!
- Hampton Inn & Suites Whitefish – Set a 30-minute walk away from Downtown Whitefish, this accommodation is modern and a great basepoint for those who want to visit Glacier National Park. When you’re not out and about exploring the park, you can go for a swim in the pool, relax at the spa or sit by the outdoor fireplace! And make sure you don’t miss breakfast time as it’s for free!
Check the Rates for Your Dates
|🛎️ Best luxury hotel:||Montage Big Sky|
|🧳 Best mid-range hotel:||Big Sky Resort Village Center|
|👛 Best budget hotel:||Outlook Inn Bed and Breakfast|
|💑 Top romantic cabin:||North Forty Resort|
BONUS 1: Best romantic cabins in Montana
Who doesn’t love to have a whole private cabin just to themselves, especially on romantic getaways? I’m guessing many people, that’s why I thought I’d offer you different accommodation options in the Big Sky Country!
I’ve ordered them from most to least expensive, and the prices start from US$200 to US$300:
- Lone Mountain Ranch – You’re going to love the rustic designs and fabulous amenities of this cabin set in Big Sky! Surrounded by trees and breathtaking views, the cabins are so cozy that you’ll never want to leave, especially in winter when you can chill by the fireplace with a glass of wine or have a drink in the cozy pub. Golfing, cross-country skiing, and spa treatments are just some of the perks that are waiting for you!
- Quinn’s Hot Springs Resort – Just imagine soaking up in those natural hot spring pools while admiring the snow-capped at this incredible resort in Paradise that has different cabins with river and mountain views where you can spend your couple’s getaway. When you’re not in the hot springs, you can enjoy a romantic meal at the restaurant or explore the grounds!
- North Forty Resort – If you want to spend your holiday in Glacier National Park, then definitely check out this place in Columbia Falls, a town located 15 miles (24 km) south of the main West Glacier entrance of Glacier National Park. The accommodation features different cabins, a hot tub, and a sauna where you can relax after exploring the park all day long!
- Bar N Ranch – Set in West Yellowstone, in a pretty secluded location, this place offers easy access to Yellowstone National Park and some lovely log cabins with Western decors, fireplaces, and great views. You’ll also find a restaurant on-site, an outdoor swimming pool, and a hot tub.
- Explorer Cabins at Yellowstone – Get some marshmallows and enjoy them by the outdoor firepit with your partner (maybe add a glass of wine to the combo) at this accommodation that offers some lovely cabins which have a fireplace and a front porch.
BONUS 2: Top hotels with a hot tub in the room
Since we’re talking about the whole state I wanted to go all in and offer as many romantic hotels as possible since there are so many amazing ones with features that I’m sure you’ll love!
Below you’ll find a list of some great accommodations that have a hot tub in the room. Meaning you won’t even have to leave the premises for date night (yay)! I’ve ordered the hotels from most to least expensive, and the prices are from US$350 to US$600:
- Snow Bear Chalets – Featuring views of Glacier Mountain, these chalets are perfect for your holiday! Each unit comes with a fireplace, a balcony where you can enjoy your morning coffee, and a fully equipped kitchen. Set near the ski slopes, these places are perfect for couples who love winter sports!
- Coyote Bluff Estate – With a stunning backdrop of forests and rivers, this incredible log lodge in Somers has everything you need for your romantic getaway! The log cabin offers rooms with great views and a jacuzzi. They also have a restaurant on-site, an outdoor fireplace, and a sun deck.
- MountainView Lodge and Suites – Plan a romantic night in your suite with a jacuzzi at this accommodation set in Bozeman. The hotel has a modern decor, and it features an indoor swimming pool, a picnic area, and outdoor furniture.
- Kelly Inn – Located in West Yellowstone, this affordable accommodation comes prepared with lots of cool facilities like rooms with a jacuzzi, an outdoor fire pit where you can enjoy a glass of wine after exploring Yellowstone National Park, and an indoor swimming pool.
- Best Western Plus Flathead Lake Inn and Suites – Spend an unforgettable trip at this fabulous hotel set in Kalispell that offers an indoor pool, deluxe hot breakfast, and outdoor furniture. They also offer lots of activities like horseback riding and hiking.
FAQs about Montana resorts for couples
💑 Which are the best romantic cabins in Montana?
North Forty Resort and Explorer Cabins at Yellowstone are some of the best romantic cabins in Montana! The accommodations offer all the privacy you need and cool facilities like firepits and a hot tub.
📅 What is the best time of year to visit Montana?
The best time to visit Montana is from June through August, and if you’re planning to go skiing, then visit between December and March.
🏞️ What is the most beautiful area of Montana?
Western Montana, Bozeman, and the area around Glacier National Park are some of the most amazing areas in Montana, filled with incredible outdoor activities and beautiful landscapes.
💘 Which are the best resorts for couples in Montana?
Montage Big Sky and Big Sky Resort Village Center are some of the best resorts for couples. The accommodations have great locations, spa facilities, and restaurants.
How excited are you now that we’ve gone through this list of the best Montana resorts for couples, plus the 2 bonus sections with the top cabins for couples and some great accommodations with a hot tub in the room?
I’d say that you’re pretty stoked! And just wait until you see all the fun activities that you can try here, from fly fishing, hot air ballooning, dog-sledding, and tubing on Madison River! You’ll never forget this trip!
But as I mentioned, it’s super important to book your hotels in advance since Montana is a super popular holiday destination, and the rooms here are sold out months in advance.
And since we’re talking about accommodations, I’ve wanted to leave you with my 2 favorite places to stay in Montana for couples (in case you need some inspiration picking your favorite):
- Montage Big Sky – A stunning resort perfect for ski lovers that has cozy rooms, an indoor swimming pool, 3 restaurants, and a spa center
- Big Sky Resort Village Center – This rustic hotel offers some incredible views, an outdoor pool, and a sauna
I hope you had a great time going through this list and don’t forget that I’m always around if you have any other questions! All you’ve got to do is leave a comment below, and I’ll make sure to answer it ASAP!
Pin it for later!
Pin it for later!