Do you feel like taking a trip to one of the most popular cities in the world? Then you are thinking of traveling to the ancient city of Rome, and visiting The Colosseum in Rome and all the other attractions that this magnificent city has to offer!
Lucky for you I’ve been researching for hours all the best hotels near The Colosseum, and I have to say all these Rome hotels are an absolute treat!
I have arranged this post by price, starting with the best luxury hotels, the following hotels are the best mid-range hotels, and last but not least budget hotels! And besides these excellent accommodations I’ve added a bonus with the best apartments near The Colosseum!
Rome is an extremely popular destination all year round, with everyone traveling to get a close encounter with history and Roman forums, so don’t miss out on the best accommodation in Rome and book your hotel room in advance!
Without further ado, let’s take a look at the top hotels near The Colosseum!
If you are in a hurry
Rome wasn’t built in a day, but I know not everyone has the time to read the entire post, so if you want to book an amazing room, here are the top 3 options of hotels near The Colosseum!
- Best 5 star luxury hotel – Dharma Boutique Hotel & SPA
- Top mid-range hotel – Nerva Boutique Hotel
- Best budget hotel – B&B Domus Aurea
Luxury (€350 and up)
- Rhinoceros – I am blown away by this hotel’s architecture! A true piece of art designed by Jean Nouvel, this accommodation mixes Roman ruins and beautiful tiles, with an impeccable industrial touch! With an on-site restaurant, bar, and rooftop terrace overviewing ancient Rome, this hotel is located only a 14-minute walk from The Colosseum! All the rooms can host up to 2 guests!
- Hotel Palazzo Manfredi – This elegant and sophisticated hotel is located next to The Colosseum, which means amazing views of the ruins all around! This small hotel offers a complimentary delicious breakfast, spa services, and onsite restaurants and bars! All the rooms are luxury, with stylish furniture and top-quality amenities. I highly recommend their studio for an amazing Roman Colosseum view from your room!
- Dharma Boutique Hotel & SPA – With the main attractions just a stone’s throw, be ready to visit The Colosseum! This stylish hotel offers a culturally enriching experience, with events and workshops about local culture, a top-class onsite restaurant, and design in every corner of the hotel. They offer en suite bedrooms with marble bathrooms, and the maximum guests per room is 2. Their superior double room comes with spa access!
- The Inn At The Roman Forum – This lovely property has a history in every single brick featuring ancient ruins onsite! The hotel offers modern rooms and family rooms such as the Two-Bedroom Apartment which can host 6 guests and comes with two bathrooms. It’s located a 10-minute walk to The Colosseum!
- Roma Luxus Hotel – I love the beautiful tiles in the bedrooms, their biggest rooms are their family room and the deluxe triple rooms. Select rooms like the deluxe suite come with a hot tub in the room. The rest of the hotel follows the same upscale class with an amazing onsite restaurant, a roof garden, and a top-10 free breakfast every morning! The Colosseum is only an easy walking distance.
- MyTALE Creative Academy Hotel – Located in the Monti district, and only 10 minute’s walk to The Colosseum, this lovely hotel focuses on giving guests an artsy experience, featuring art and cultural events and performances! You can also enjoy other amenities like onsite restaurants and bars. All the rooms come with luxury bedding and are themed, they offer family rooms with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms!
Mid Range (€200 – €350)
- Nerva Boutique Hotel – Wow! This hotel looks splendid! With amazing upscale furniture, and parquet floors, offering a deluxe dining experience, and with all the city center attractions just steps away! The Colosseum, the trevi fountain, and Termini station is 1 mile away (1.6 km). They offer many types of rooms, including a family room which can host 2 adults and 2 children.
- Il Monastero Collection – This hotel has an amazing location, just a 10-minute walk from The Colosseum, incredible architecture, and high-end decor that will take you back in time to imperial Rome! This hotel offers stunning single and double rooms, all of which come with a private bathroom with a rain shower.
- Monti Palace Hotel – This cute little hotel has an amazing modern vibe with a touch of vintage elegance! There’s an onsite restaurant and bar, and a roof terrace with breathtaking views where you can enjoy a lovely complimentary breakfast. This hotel has a Cavour metro stop just steps away, and The Colosseum just 10 minutes away. I highly recommend their suites for families of 3 to 4!
- Hotel Colosseum – This Colosseum hotel looks so unique, so chic, I love it! It has touches resembling the 70’s high-end furniture, and the rooms have chests of drawers and tables in 19th-century style! They offer a varied range of rooms, single to quadruple rooms, all with air conditioning! The Colosseum is 15 minutes away and the Spanish steps are a 20-minute walk away!
- Appartamenti MarcoAurelio49 – This hotel has a life of its own, with its colorful and vibrant interior design and decor! This hotel offers private parking and free breakfast to all of its guests. They offer many types of rooms all of them with a bedroom and living room, except the penthouse which comes with one room, and the 2 bedroom apartment with balcony, this one is perfect for big groups!
- Hotel Romano – How to describe this hotel? It looks playful, with all the silk and velvet fabrics! Just fantastic! The location in Monti cannot be better, only 5 minutes away from The Colosseum and 10 minutes away from Santa Maria Maggiore. All their rooms come with air conditioning, free Wi-Fi, and a flat-screen TV!
Budget (up to €200)
- Hotel Grifo – I love how simple and cute this hotel is! This hotel offers free breakfast, has a 24-hour reception, and has a roof terrace where you can enjoy a drink. All the rooms come with a private bathroom. I highly recommend their rooms with terraces for an amazing view of Rome! P.S.: The Colosseum is only 10 minutes away!
- Hotel Paba – I am simply obsessed about how perfect this hotel’s style and decor is, featuring classic Italian design with a modern touch, this family-run hotel is only 10 minutes away from The Colosseum. All the rooms come with a seating area, the bathrooms have a rain shower, and their biggest room is their family room which can host 4 people!
- Bhr Cavour 150 – This hotel features a cool industrial design with luxury touches! Located less than 10 minutes away from The Colosseum, this hotel offers free breakfast to all of their guests, as well as the possibility to book tours. Their suite comes with a balcony and the queen room with 2 beds is perfect for a group of friends!
- Hotel Centro Cavour Roma – With an amazing Italian design resembling ancient Rome, with a touch of nostalgia in all Federico Fellini’s style in “La Dolce Vita,” this hotel is in a prime location, only minutes away from The Colosseum and other attractions, and offers spacious and stylish rooms that can host from 1 to 5 guests. This accommodation offers a complimentary breakfast.
- Hotel Capo d´África – This great hotel located just steps away from The Colosseum offers guests a unique opportunity to experience the city of Rome. It comes with simple and charming decor, a roof terrace with views, amazing staff, and a complimentary breakfast! This hotel has family rooms, and a premiere double room. If you’d like a bubble bath after exploring the entire day, ask for a bathtub by the time of booking!
- B&B Domus Aurea – What a cute hotel! The historical and charming interior resembles a lovely Italian villa, with beautiful furniture all around, and modern bathrooms. All of the rooms come with a dining table and a small seating area. Being a bed and breakfast, every morning you’ll get to enjoy a fantastic free breakfast, and all of this is just 5 minutes away from The Colosseum!
|🛎️ Best luxury hotel:||Dharma Boutique Hotel & SPA|
|💵 Best mid-range hotel:||Nerva Boutique Hotel|
|👛 Best budget hotel:||B&B Domus Aurea|
|👩❤️👩 Best hotel for couples:||Rhinoceros|
BONUS: Best apartments near The Colosseum
I couldn’t end this article about the best hotels near The Colosseum without sharing with you these amazing apartments near The Colosseum!
There are incredible options for families, couples, friends, and solo travelers, so choose the best one depending on your needs! The prices go from €100 per night to €400 and I’ve ordered them from most to least expensive.
1. Rome Apartment Rental
This lovely apartment comes with beautiful wooden furniture, 2 bedrooms, and 4 beds, which makes it perfect for groups! The best thing about this accommodation is the spacious and beautiful furnished roof terrace featuring great views of the entire city and top attractions such as The Colosseum!
2. Superactic Apartment Rome
OMG! Staying at this apartment you literally have The Colosseum next to you, and from the apartment roof terrace, which has a little garden, you get the most stunning views! The apartment is super modern and stylish and comes with 3 bedrooms and 3 beds, and up to 6 guests are welcomed here!
3. Monti Sunshine Maisonette
This cozy little apartment would be amazing for couples looking for a romantic place to stay. The accommodation comes with beautiful painted murals on the walls, and tasteful furniture and art pieces. The cherry on top in this apartment is the cute balcony overviewing the patio!
4. Apartment in the Heart of Rome
This apartment looks like an authentic Italian home! It has a spacious furnished terrace where you can enjoy a meal, 2 bedrooms, and 4 beds hosting up to 6 guests. It comes with 2 bathrooms with bathtubs, so you can relax with a bubble bath and a glass of Italian wine after having the best pizza of your life!
5. Studio in Rome
This studio would be perfect for solo travelers looking for an incredible location. Located steps away from The Colosseum, this studio has everything you need for a perfect stay, a bedroom, kitchen, and bathroom! Oh, and a beautiful shared patio where you can meet the locals or just enjoy a glass of wine!
6. Attic with Terrace
This attic is super homey, it has a seating area, a kitchen, a bathroom, and a queen bed which makes it perfect for couples. The best bit about this accommodation is the furnished spacious terrace filled with sunshine, flowers, a grill, and an umbrella to cool down during the summer!
FAQs about hotels near The Colosseum
🇮🇹 Which hotels come with Colosseum views?
🏨 Which area is best for first-timers in Rome?
🌆 Which hotels in Rome have rooftop terraces?
👨👩👧 Which are the best family-friendly hotels near The Colosseum?
That is all for today, my sweet angels! Those were the best hotels near The Colosseum! I have mentioned excellent hotels for all budgets, plus a bonus with the best apartments near The Colosseum!
Rome is such a fantastic and historical city, and staying in any of these Colosseum hotels will just enhance your stay in the city with all the ruins, restaurants and museums just steps away!
Honestly, I love all of the hotels I have mentioned, all of them have such an amazing style and amenities, but if you ask me which are my 2 absolute favorite hotels close to The Colosseum, I would say:
- Rhinoceros – This hotel looks like a museum, like it’s part of a movie set, completely stunning! Having a drink on their roof terrace after a long day of walking sounds dreamy!
- Il Monastero Collection – That stone patio with sculptures looks so beautiful, and the room decor is just so perfect!
Which of these hotels near The Colosseum in Rome was your favorite? Let me know in the comments! And book your hotel room as soon as you make a decision, Rome and these hotels are super popular!
Have an amazing vacation,
Pin it for later!
Pin it for later!