Are you ready to embark on an unforgettable adventure and witness one of the world’s most stunning natural wonders? Look no further than Grand Canyon tours from Phoenix!
Phoenix, Arizona, is an excellent starting point for a trip to the Grand Canyon. The city is located just a few hours from the national park, making it an ideal base for exploring the area. And, with a range of tours departing from Phoenix, you can easily find the perfect option to fit your schedule, interests, and budget.
Whether you’re a thrill-seeker looking for a helicopter ride or a nature-lover seeking a scenic drive, there’s a tour for everyone.
As your trusty guide, I’ve done extensive research to bring you the best options for Grand Canyon tours departing from Phoenix. As a bonus, I’ve also got some fun tours to take while you’re in Phoenix. Why limit yourself to just one adventure, right?
One more thing to keep in mind – it’s best to book in advance your Grand Canyon and Phoenix tours to ensure availability.
- If you are in a hurry
- 1. Experience the epic beauty of the Grand Canyon
- 2. See Sedona and the Grand Canyon
- 3. Take a helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon
- 4. Discover the South Rim with a private tour
- 5. See, shop, and hike at the Grand Canyon
- 6. Fly high and explore the Grand Canyon South Rim
- 7. Get to know the Grand Canyon by bus
- 8. Enjoy the Grand Canyon in style with a limo tour
- 9. Double the fun with a 2-day Sedona & Grand Canyon tour
- BONUS: Best tours in the Phoenix area
- FAQs about Grand Canyon tours from Phoenix
If you are in a hurry
Here are the best Grand Canyon tours from Phoenix that you need to book in advance:
- Small-Group Grand Canyon Trip – most popular tour
- West Rim Helicopter Ride – most thrilling tour
- Sedona & Grand Canyon Tour – best combo tour
1. Experience the epic beauty of the Grand Canyon
- Duration: 13 hours
- Price: from US$235
- Why you should take it: the most popular tour with amazing reviews
After a morning pickup from your hotel in Phoenix, sit back and relax with a small group tour (max 13 travelers) as you journey through the expansive desert. As you climb in elevation, the scenery transforms from cactus to towering pine trees, and you’ll catch glimpses of the Route 66 town of Flagstaff in Northern Arizona and the San Francisco Peaks in the distance.
Take your time exploring the park, with stops at the El Tovar Hotel and Hopi House in Grand Canyon Village and plenty of opportunities to shop, go for a walk, and grab lunch (at your own expense).
If you prefer highly specific tours, this 13-hour Grand Canyon tour focuses on Grand Canyon National Park, where you’ll have 3 hours to explore the park on your own. There will be a knowledgeable guide, a van equipped with leather captain’s chairs, and a group of a maximum of 13 people.
2. See Sedona and the Grand Canyon
- Duration: 13 hours
- Price: from US$220
- Why you should take it: explore all the highlights in the comfort of a van
Get ready for a day of adventure and awe-inspiring views on this Grand Canyon tour! This full-day tour from Phoenix includes round-trip transportation.
You’ll stop in Sedona for a glimpse of the natural beauty of Red Rocks and drive through Oak Creek Canyon for a scenic adventure.
When you arrive at the Grand Canyon, get ready to be blown away by the majestic wilderness and incredible scenery. You’ll make stops at various viewpoints along the Desert View East Rim Drive, so you can walk around, explore highlights, and even stand on the edge of the canyon (if you dare!).
Don’t miss the chance to check out the El Tovar Hotel and Mary Colter’s Hopi House, both must-see stops on your Grand Canyon adventure. And when it’s time to head back to Phoenix, you’ll stop for dinner (at your own expense) to refuel and relax before arriving at your hotel.
3. Take a helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon
- Duration: 7.5 – 8 hours
- Price: from US$400
- Why you should take it: experience the West Rim in all its glory from the air
Get ready for an adventure of a lifetime with this all-encompassing Grand Canyon day trip from Phoenix! Take off for a scenic flight to the West Rim, where you’ll take a heart-racing helicopter ride down to the bottom of the canyon and walk out on the jaw-dropping Grand Canyon Skywalk platform.
Visit Eagle Point for a Native American cultural experience, complete with authentic homes and a short performance. And don’t forget about lunch (included) at Guano Point, where you can soak up the stunning views of the canyon and the Colorado River.
Travel back in a high-winged Cessna Caravan or T207 airplane, with every passenger getting a window seat for unobstructed views. And with expert narration from your pilot, you’ll learn all about the history of the Grand Canyon and Arizona’s awe-inspiring terrain.
The maximum number of participants is 9, and there is a minimum of 2.
4. Discover the South Rim with a private tour
- Duration: 13 hours
- Price: from US$800
- Why you should take it: private guided tour of multiple viewpoints for an immersive experience
Experience the natural wonder of the Grand Canyon South Rim on this full-day private tour from Phoenix!
As you cruise through the Coconino National Forest, you’ll be blown away by the largest forest of Ponderosa Pines in the country. And don’t forget about the iconic Route 66 – you’ll pass by a section of it too!
You’ll stop for lunch and shopping on the Navajo Reservation in Cameron, with views of the beautiful Little Colorado River Gorge. And then it’s off to visit the Grand Canyon South Rim, where you’ll have multiple photo opportunities and views of the historic village.
Keep your eyes peeled for wildlife as you tour the South Rim with a knowledgeable guide who will provide information and answer all your questions. And with a quick dinner break at the Camp Verde Visitor Center, this adventure has everything you need for an unforgettable day!
NOTE: The minimum number of passengers is 4, and the maximum is 10.
5. See, shop, and hike at the Grand Canyon
- Duration: 13 hours
- Price: from US$235
- Why you should take it: visit and shop at Cameron Trading Post, maximum of 5 people
Join an ambitious day trip from Phoenix to the Grand Canyon South Rim for an adventure you won’t forget! This guided tour will take you through a variety of the Grand Canyon’s vast expanse, so you can experience the full beauty and wonder of the Canyon. Take plenty of photos and even enjoy a short hike, all while learning about the history and ecology of this ancient wonder from your expert guide.
And don’t forget to browse local crafts at the century-old Cameron Trading Post within the Navajo Nation! This authentic trading post is a true gem, with an exhibition gallery and a shop selling custom jewelry, pottery, and authentic Navajo Rugs.
This tour includes round-trip transportation from your hotel in Phoenix, so your tour operator will handle all the driving arrangements. National Park fees and bottled water are included. This is a small-group tour of a maximum of 5 people.
6. Fly high and explore the Grand Canyon South Rim
- Duration: 6 to 7 hours
- Price: from US$985
- Why you should take it: a scenic helicopter flight to the Grand Canyon South Rim
Buckle up and get ready for an adventure like no other! Take to the skies on a signature helicopter tour from Phoenix to the Grand Canyon South Rim and marvel at the American Southwest’s natural beauty, including the stunning Tonto National Forest, iconic Red Rocks of Sedona, San Francisco Peaks, and Montezuma Well.
But that’s not all – experience this majestic wilderness from both the ground and air with a day-long tour that includes a stop in the Grand Canyon National Park and the historic village.
Learn about the wildlife, geology, and history of the Grand Canyon and Arizona from your expert guide, and enjoy breathtaking aerial views of the Grand Canyon.
7. Get to know the Grand Canyon by bus
- Duration: 10 hours
- Price: from US$325
- Why you should take it: bus tour for spectacular views and expert-guided commentary
Get ready for an adventure of a lifetime! Hop on this guided tour and witness the awe-inspiring beauty of the Grand Canyon’s vast expanse.
This South Rim day tour will take you on a journey through the Grand Canyon National Park and even give you some time to explore Route 66.
You’ll be cruising through the breathtaking Sonoran Desert, filled with the iconic saguaro cacti. But the fun doesn’t stop there! As you go higher in elevation, the scenery changes and the cacti slowly fade into pine trees.
Travel along the roadside of Route 66 town and catch a glimpse of the stunning San Francisco Peaks, set against a gigantic Ponderosa Pine Forest – the world’s largest contiguous ponderosa pine forest!
This full-day tour for a minimum of 8 people, lasts around 10 hours and will take you to some of the most spectacular vistas of the Grand Canyon.
8. Enjoy the Grand Canyon in style with a limo tour
- Duration: 10 hours
- Price: from US$525
- Why you should take it: a limo adds an extra layer of luxury and comfort to the experience
Traveling through the beautiful southwestern landscapes in a limo is an experience that can’t be put into words. As you sit back and relax in the luxurious interior of the limo, the expansive views of the Sonoran Desert and towering pine trees will pass you by. The smooth ride will make you feel like you’re gliding through the landscape, providing a sense of peace and relaxation.
As you approach the Grand Canyon National Park, you’ll be surrounded by jaw-dropping views and stunning natural beauty that will leave you in awe. Seeing the magnificent canyon from the comfort of your limo will give you a sense of grandeur and a feeling of being part of something truly special. Whether you’re snapping photos or simply taking in the breathtaking views, this tour will make you feel like royalty.
Please note that a minimum of 4 people is required for this tour.
9. Double the fun with a 2-day Sedona & Grand Canyon tour
- Duration: 2 days
- Price: from US$450
- Why you should take it: two days to explore, you’ll have plenty of time to see the sights
Join a magical two-day tour of Sedona and the Grand Canyon, where you’ll have a few days to explore stunning sites like Bell Rock, Airport Mesa, and the Chapel of the Holy Cross. Add some extra adventure with an adrenaline-pumping jeep tour of Sedona!
Experience the most majestic section of the Grand Canyon, the South Rim, with sunrise and sunset views at your leisure. Plus, you’ll get to cruise along historic Route 66 and soak up some American history. And let’s not forget the stunning red rocks of Sedona!
This tour is the perfect way to escape the city and immerse yourself in the natural beauty and wonder of the southwestern United States.
|🥇 MUST-Take tour:
|Small-Group Grand Canyon Trip
|🚁 Top helicopter tour:
|West Rim Helicopter Ride
|🗺️ Best combo tour:
|Grand Canyon & Sedona Combo Tour
|🗣️ Great private tour:
|Grand Canyon Private Tour
BONUS: Best tours in the Phoenix area
Hey there, lucky you for being in Phoenix! If you’re looking for some extra excitement on your trip, I’ve got some fantastic experiences you won’t want to miss.
- Soar over the Sonoran Desert with a hot air balloon ride – Experience the thrill of floating over the Sonoran Desert during an exhilarating hot air balloon ride from Phoenix. You’ll feel like you’re floating on a cloud as you take in stunning panoramic views of the Phoenix Valley during this hour-long flight. To make your experience even more special, enjoy a Champagne breakfast after your ride.
- Discover Phoenix’s vibrant street art scene – Join a small-group tour that immerses participants in the local street art scene. Led by a knowledgeable guide, you’ll explore the streets, admiring murals and graffiti and discovering the stories behind them. The tour includes stops at The Churchill, a unique food court constructed from shipping containers, and Carly’s Bistro, which features an ever-changing wall of street art.
- Uncover Phoenix’s dark secrets with a haunted pub tour – Take part in a unique and thrilling experience that delves into the darker side of the city’s history. Led by a knowledgeable historian guide, the tour takes you on a ride through the underbelly of Phoenix, uncovering its true-crime history and haunted locations. Explore historic and notorious sites and hear spine-chilling stories of murder, mayhem, and ghosts.
FAQs about Grand Canyon tours from Phoenix
🚁 What types of tours are available for visiting the Grand Canyon from Phoenix?
🗣️ Can I take a private Grand Canyon tour from Phoenix?
Absolutely! I recommend this Grand Canyon private tour for a minimum of 4 people and a maximum of 10 – perfect for a private family or group of friends experience.
🧑 How many people are typically on a Grand Canyon tour from Phoenix?
The group size can range from a handful of people to over 50. The small group Grand Canyon tour can provide a more personalized, flexible, and intimate experience with better access and more time at each stop.
📍 What are some popular attractions on Grand Canyon tours from Phoenix?
Popular stops and attractions can vary depending on the type of tour, but some popular options include the Grand Canyon Skywalk, Hoover Dam, Sedona, Route 66, North Rim, Tonto National Forest, etc.
Well, that’s a wrap, folks! From soaring over the Canyon in a helicopter to exploring it on foot, I’ve covered the best ways to experience the Grand Canyon tours from Phoenix.
And let’s not forget about the bonus options – Phoenix has a wealth of tours and activities to offer, making it the perfect base for your Arizona adventure. So, whether you’re a nature lover, thrill-seeker, or culture enthusiast, there’s something for everyone in this part of the world.
But remember, book your tours in advance to secure your spot and save yourself some hassle.
Have you been on a Grand Canyon tour from Phoenix before? Do you have any tips or suggestions to add? Leave a comment below and share your experiences.
Pin it for later!
Pin it for later!