The ultimate destination for avid travelers, Brooklyn, is a neighbrohood in New York that you’ll fall in love with! From the hip places to visit, to the incredible street art and trendy restaurants, this place will make you want to come back again and again!
The best areas to stay in Brooklyn are Downtown Brooklyn & Brooklyn Heights, as this area has all the major attractions (including the famous Brooklyn Bridge) and great hotels!
But don’t worry if this area isn’t really your favorite spot. In this post, I have added 4 more areas where to stay in Brooklyn; Williamsburg is perfect for hipsters, foodies will love Greenpoint, families should head to Bedford, and people who just want to relax will love Stuyvesant and Park Slope & Boerum Hill.
But don’t leave right after you finish this part of the post because you’ll miss out on two great bonuses with some amazing Brooklyn hotels with free parking, and some perfect vacation rentals! If you’re coming by car and want to save some money, these hotels will be perfect for you!
I think we’re ready to start now, but I must mention how important it is to book these places to stay in Brooklyn in advance! This is one of the top areas to stay in New York, and the best ones always sell out!
- If you are in a hurry
- 1. Downtown Brooklyn & Brooklyn Heights – for the first time
- 2. Williamsburg – the trendiest place to stay in Brooklyn
- 3. Greenpoint – where to stay in Brooklyn for foodies
- 4. Bedford-Stuyvesant (Bed Stuy) – best place for families
- 5. Park Slope & Boerum Hill – where to stay for relaxation
- BONUS 1: Best hotels with free parking in Brooklyn
- BONUS 2: Top vacation rentals in Brooklyn
- FAQs about hotels in Brooklyn, NYC
If you are in a hurry
Downtown Brooklyn & Brooklyn Heights is the best area where to stay in Brooklyn, and below you’ll find the top hotels there, so you can easily book your favorite right now!
1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge
Best luxury hotel
An Airbnb with amazing reviews
Best value for money
Best affordable accommodation in the center
Check out the map below, it will help you visualize all the best areas where to stay in Brooklyn:
1. Downtown Brooklyn & Brooklyn Heights – for the first time
There’s no better place to stay in Brooklyn than the Downtown area or Brooklyn Heights right next door! Just picture great hotels, trendy restaurants, and everything you want within walking distance!
You’ll need a few days to explore all the museums, the Brooklyn Heights Promenade, and all the art galleries, but it’s so worth it, especially when you reach Brooklyn Bridge! Definitely go there around sunset to take a few pics for memories!
Brooklyn Downtown has a great location across the East River from Manhattan, offering easy access to the other areas of NYC and the subway stations. Plus, you can admire the Manhattan skyline from this area, but I would for sure go to a rooftop bar to do that!
As one of the best areas to stay in New York, Downtown Brooklyn is filled with many department stores and quirky vintage shops, so if you’re hoping to get some (or a lot) of shopping done, you know where to go!
But I can’t emphasize how important it is to book your hotels in Brooklyn in advance. This city gets so many visitors every day, and although it has many hotels, the best ones always sell out quickly!
Enjoy your morning coffee and admire the views of the East River near the rooftop pool of this fabulous hotel! With a great location and industrial chic rooms, this accommodation is surely a unique one, the beds even have a hemp blend filling in the mattresses! Guests will have access to complimentary rides in a Tesla vehicle and a fitness center.
Other options in Downtown & Brooklyn Heights
This hotel offers complimentary breakfast and comfortable rooms with a view of the Manhattan skyline
A cozy and affordable studio equipped with many facilities, including a kitchen, free wifi, and an elevator
Set near the Manhattan and Brooklyn Bridges, this modern apartment has a kitchen and free wifi
Things to do in Downtown & Brooklyn Heights
- Visit the New York Transit Museum
- Catch a sunset by the iconic Brooklyn Bridge promenade
- Admire the architecture of the Brooklyn Borough Hall
- Check all the stores on Fulton shopping street
- Chill and enjoy the views at Pebble Beach
- Snap a pic in the Brooklyn Bridge Park
- Explore the Brooklyn Heights Promenade
- See the famous Manhattan Bridge
2. Williamsburg – the trendiest place to stay in Brooklyn
Known as the hipster capital of the city, Williamsburg is an amazing area filled with great bars, restaurants, and awesome street art and murals!
Located right on the waterfront of the East River and overlooking the Manhattan skyline, the Williamsburg neighborhood is the place to be for any young artists and people who want to appreciate urban art and cultural diversity!
That’s what makes this area such a great place where to stay in Brooklyn! All the different types of activities, the wide range of attractions from nightclubs to vintage shops and of course the atmosphere! You can’t beat the vibe of this neighborhood, nor can you find better hotels or airbnbs in New York than here!
Enjoy your days in the city by eating delicious food at Smorgasburg market, exploring the art galleries, taking pictures by Williamsburg Bridge, and of course, just walking down the streets! In New York, where there are so many things to see at every corner, you can consider just walking around an attraction in its own right!
Wake up to a stunning view from the ceiling-to-floor windows at this Williamsburg hotel that has such a cool design, an outdoor pool, and a fitness center. The accommodation even has a garden where you can relax by the fire pit after a long day of visiting Brooklyn and its main attractions!
Other accommodation options in Williamsburg
With easy access to the subway stations, this is a great boutique hotel with spacious rooms and free wifi
This modern Williamsburg hotel has family rooms, 2 restaurants, and a bar for an affordable price
You’ll love this cozy townhouse to stay in Brooklyn with room for 6 people and an indoor fireplace
Things to do in Williamsburg
- Admire the street art
- Grab a bite at Smorgasburg food market
- Go for a walk in Maria Hernandez Park near Jefferson St.
- Head to Domino Park to see the Williamsburg Bridge
- Listen to live music at Brooklyn Bowl
- Visit The City Reliquary museum
- Escape the city noise in Marsha P. Johnson State Park
- Drink lots of wine at Brooklyn Winery
3. Greenpoint – where to stay in Brooklyn for foodies
Located right near Williamsburg, this neighborhood is famous for its industrial architecture and great restaurants that serve delicious food!
Greenpoint is a residential area with a slow and modest pace and charming atmosphere. It’s definitely quieter than the other 2 neighborhoods we’ve talked about so far, so if you’re looking for a more tranquil place where to stay in Brooklyn, then I recommend this one!
Another great perk about this neighborhood is that it has some of the best dining spots in the city, like Five Leaves on Bedford Avenue and some trendy bars.
Spend your days in the city exploring Greenpoint’s parks (there are many), admiring the East River’s views, and visiting the major attraction like Green Point Gallery, an art gallery located on McGuinness Boulevard.
Now let’s check out the best hotels in the neighborhood:
Chill by the rooftop outdoor pool of this great hotel that offers amazing city views! All the rooms at this hotel come with ceiling-to-floor windows, rainfall showers, and balconies where you can enjoy your breakfast and a breathtaking sight of the city!
Other accommodation options in Greenpoint
This modern hotel has a cool design, stylish rooms, a sun terrace, and a fitness center
One of the best budget hotels in Brooklyn! This place has a central location, a restaurant, and a steam room
Comfortable and spacious apartment with all the necessary facilities, including a kitchen and free wifi
Things to do in Green Point
- Visit the Józef Piłsudski Institute of America
- Explore the Greenpoint Beach Park
- Grab dinner at Five Leaves restaurant
- Admire the art at Green Point Gallery
- Go for a beer at Brooklyn Brewery
- Enjoy the views of the East River in WNYC Transmitter Park
4. Bedford-Stuyvesant (Bed Stuy) – best place for families
Traveling with the whole family to New York, Brooklyn? I’ve got you covered!
Bedford-Stuyvesant (also known as Bed Stuy) is an awesome place for parents and kids as it has a central location and it offers easy access to Williamsburg and Brooklyn Downtown, plus it has a few kid-friendly attractions!
FUN FACT: Famous celebrities like Jay Z and Jackie Robinson grew up in this neighborhood!
The neighborhood is also pretty quiet with a peaceful atmosphere, so you don’t have to worry about crowds and noise.
What makes the area so special is the unique architecture… Bedford Stuyvesant is famous for its historic buildings, which you can spot while exploring the area.
Some of the major attractions here are Brooklyn Children’s Museum (which the little ones will love) and Fulton Park. As I mentioned, the area is pretty chill, so you won’t find any big things to visit here, but since it’s so close to Downtown Brooklyn you can easily head there whenever you want!
Now let’s check out the hotels here:
This apartment is perfect for your family as it has lots of space and many beds! Equipped with all the facilities you and the little ones will need, including a kitchen, free wifi, a terrace, and even some board games, this accommodation in Bed Stuy is surely one you shouldn’t miss out on!
Other accommodation options in Bedford-Stuyvesant
A great Brooklyn accommodation that has lots of space, a flat-screen tv, free wifi, and a kitchen
Enjoy your stay in Brooklyn in this affordable apartment with family rooms, and private bathrooms
I like the modern design of this simple apartment which offers a kitchen, free wifi, and a private balcony
Things to do in Bedford-Stuyvesant
- Go for a walk in Herbert Von King Park
- Take the kids to the Brooklyn Children’s Museum
- Eat a delicious dessert at Fan Fan Doughnuts
- Visit the Bedford-Stuyvesant Museum of African Art
- Shop until you drop on Atlantic Avenue
- Admire the historic buildings in the area
- Enjoy a delicious family dinner at Peaches HotHouse
5. Park Slope & Boerum Hill – where to stay for relaxation
I know most of you will want to stay in Downtown Brooklyn and where all the action is, but I also know that some of you will look for quieter areas that aren’t super busy and packed with tourists.
Well if you find yourself in the second category, then stick around for a few minutes because I’m going to tell you all about Park Slope & Boerum Hill, two fabulous areas side by side, home to Barclays Center Arena.
Located a bit further away from central Brooklyn, Park Slope is a residential area situated right near Prospect Park and its Zoo! This super big green area fits perfectly with the scenery! With so many skyscrapers and buildings, it’s nice to see some trees as well.
Just a few subway stops away from the city center, the area is considered one of the most desirable places to live in New York, so you should consider yourself pretty lucky if you get to stay here for a few days.
The vibe is super laid-back, and you can walk around the streets without bumping into tourist crowds, so it’s the perfect place to enjoy some peace!
As I mentioned, Park Slope is set right near Prospect Park, a huge place that has a Zoo and Botanical Garden. So I recommend taking a few hours away from the busy side of town and heading to the park to relax for as long as you want!
This is such a trendy boutique hotel! I bet you’ll be so excited to come back to chill in that fabulous lounge area and sleep in those comfortable beds every day! The accommodation has spacious rooms with an elegant design and large windows. And after a day of exploring the city, make sure to grab a delicious dinner at the restaurant on-site!
Other accommodation in Park Slope & Boerum Hill
This mid-priced hotel offers modern rooms with city views and a center for business travelers
Feel at home in this cute apartment that comes with a living room area and a fully equipped kitchen
Perfect for 2 people, this apartment has a kitchen, and air conditioning and offers free street parking
Things to do in Park Slope & Boerum Hill
- Take the kids to the Zoo in Prospect Park
- Enjoy a delicious Mexican dinner at Fonda
- Visit the Barclays Center
- Explore Grand Army Plaza
- Spend a fun night at Buttermilk Bar
- Admire the old buildings in the Park Slope Historic District
|👑 Luxury price:||$450|
|💵 Mid Range:||$300|
|💰 Accommodation prices:||High|
|📍 Best area:||Downtown Brooklyn|
|👪 Best area for families:||Bedford-Stuyvesant|
|🛎️ Best luxury hotel:||Hotel Brooklyn Bridge|
|💵 Best mid-range hotel:||Hampton Inn|
|👛 Best budget hotel:||Pod Brooklyn|
BONUS 1: Best hotels with free parking in Brooklyn
Decided to go on a road trip to New York, Brooklyn? Well, if you don’t want to waste a lot of time and money on a parking space, I recommend booking a hotel that offers this for free. I’ve looked through long lists and found 3 great options for you.
All of them are budget friendly with prices from US$150 to US$180. I’ve listed the hotels from most to least expensive, so let’s check them out:
- Holiday Inn Express – Located in the Bay Ridge area, this accommodation comes equipped with all the facilities you need including rooms that offer lots of space, a flat-screen tv, a private bathroom, and some even come with a small kitchenette. In the morning, enjoy breakfast at the house and then head out to see the famous Brooklyn Bridge!
- Best Western Brooklyn-Coney Island Inn – A simple yet modern hotel located less than 1 mile away from Coney Island. This great hotel has family rooms with air-conditioning, a private bathroom, and a flat-screen tv. Guests will also have access to the fitness center on-site and to free breakfast!
- NY Moore Hostel – I love how every room at this hostel has a unique drawing! Located near Williamsburg, this accommodation offers comfortable rooms with both private and shared bathrooms. While staying here, guests can try different activities on-site and off-site like fun movie nights, playing in the games room, or going on pub crawls and walking tours.
BONUS 2: Top vacation rentals in Brooklyn
Looking to rent a cool apartment in Brooklyn? Then search no more because I’ve found some awesome vacation rentals in the city that are perfect for you. Holiday homes are perfect for groups of friends or family if you want some more privacy and a more homely experience during your stay.
I’ve listed the accommodation from most to least expensive, with the prices starting from US$400 to US$160 per night
- Studio Loft – Just like the ones in the movies! This studio loft looks so cool, and it has super large windows, an industrial design, and lots of space. Located in Greenpoint, the accommodation is perfect for 2 people, and it offers the most amazing city views!
- Trendy Penthouse – Ceiling-to-floor windows, a minimalistic design, and incredible views, can you get more New York than that! This fabulous penthouse that has room for 2 people looks so chic, and it comes with a hot tub, a balcony, and a tv
- Spacious Apartment – This place in Bedford-Stuyvesant is perfect for a family or a group of friends with space for 5 or 6 people. The accommodation has lots of space, and it’s equipped with all the necessary amenities, including a kitchen, a tv, and street parking.
- Artsy Condo – Feel at home in this great place where to stay in Brooklyn that’s perfect for 3 people. It comes with a kitchen, free wifi, and free street parking. What more could you want for a stay in Brooklyn?
FAQs about hotels in Brooklyn, NYC
🤔 What part of Brooklyn should I stay in?
Downtown is the best area where to stay in Brooklyn. The neighborhood is filled with many attractions (including the famous Brooklyn Bridge), great hotels like Hotel Brooklyn Bridge and it’s also close to JFK Airport.
🤩 Which are the best hotels in Williamsburg?
⛔ Where should you not stay in Brooklyn?
Avoid looking for hotels in Brownsville and East New York, these areas aren’t really safe for tourists. Try to not walk alone at night on empty alleys, and be mindful of your belongings when you explore Brooklyn.
I bet you’re even more excited to visit Brooklyn now after reading all the information!
We’ve gone through all the best areas where to stay in Brooklyn, and I’ve given you a list of hotels in each section, plus a couple of bonuses with some amazing hotels in the city with free parking and some great holiday homes if you prefer to stay in an apartment in Brooklyn.
I know that’s a lot to take in at first, and yes, there are so many hotels to stay in Brooklyn! However, if you’re having a hard time trying to decide which one you like, here are my top 2 favorite options, both located in Brooklyn Downtown:
- Hotel Brooklyn Bridge – This fantastic hotel comes with an even more amazing rooftop pool where you get the best views, modern rooms and a restaurant
- Hampton Inn – This is a great mid-range hotel that you’ll love as it has rooms with breathtaking city views, a restaurant, and a balcony
As I mentioned before, it’s crucial to book your hotels where to stay in Brooklyn super far in advance if you can, as these sell out super fast. I mean, it’s the most populous of New York’s five Boroughs, so it gets lots of tourists!
And after all that, this is my cue to leave, but don’t worry; I’ll be around in the comments if you have any questions about Brooklyn, so don’t hesitate to leave me a question below!
Enjoy your time in the city that never sleeps!
Pin it for later!
Pin it for later!