Welcome to Houston! One of the most fun cities in Texas that’s filled with incredible attractions! If you’re looking for some fabulous places to stay that offer incredible city views then yes, you’re on the right page!
Follow me as we’ll discover together the best Houston hotels with a balcony! After spending hours looking on the web, I’ve become a bit of a pro when it comes to Houston accommodations. That’s why I also added 2 bonus sections with the top boutique hotels in town and the best hotels for families. And listed them all from most to least expensive so you can quickly pick your favorite.
And once you do, I suggest booking it right away! Houston may be a big city but it gets many tourists, and everyone is on the hunt for the perfect hotel. Definitely keep this in mind while planning your trip.
We’ve got many things to see today!
So buckle up, and let’s hit the road!
If you are in a hurry
Looking for a short summary of the post? Then check out this list which has the best Houston hotels with balconies:
- La Colombe d’Or Hotel – Best luxury hotel
- Locale Medical Center – Best value for money
- La Quinta by Wyndham – Best affordable accommodation
Luxury (US$500 and up)
- Four Seasons Hotel – Elegance and class! Leave it to the Four Season hotel to show you how to travel in style! Set in Downtown Houston, this accommodation has spacious rooms with a semi-private patio overlooking the outdoor pool. Once you arrive, go straight into the full-service spa center to relax, enjoy some food at their restaurant, and get ready to explore all the attractions like the Memorial Park and Uptown Houston.
- La Colombe d’Or Hotel – What a place! The hotel rooms feature a beautiful design with modern furniture, a private balcony, and a private bathroom. Start your day with some room service and head to the outdoor swimming pool for a quick dip in the water! The Midtown hotel also has a modern fitness center, a games room, and an outdoor fireplace where you can relax at the end of the day with a glass of wine.
- Hotel Granduca – Enjoy your coffee in the morning while taking in the views of Uptown Houston from your private balcony! This luxurious hotel has such elegant decor and it comes with an outdoor swimming pool, a lush garden terrace where you can relax when you’re not out exploring the Houston Museum District! Don’t forget to book your hotels early, these ones will sell out super fast!
- Hotel Zaza – Set in Houston Museum District, almost 2 hours away from Hobby airport, this place has some amazing hotel rooms with a private balcony that overlooks the city, a flat-screen TV, and a private bathroom with a rainforest steam shower! During your stay you’re invited to use the amazing spa facilities offered at the wellness center and, of course, dine at their fabulous on-site restaurant which serves delicious dishes and drinks!
- Hotel ZaZa Houston Memorial City – With a much different design than its sister hotel, this accommodation, that’s set 2 hours drive away from the Houston Medical Center offers different suites with a private balcony and a flat-screen TV. You can enjoy some room service up in your fancy room, or head down to the on-site restaurant. But afterward, I’d recommend a serious tanning session by the outdoor pool or maybe a massage at the spa.
Mid Range (from US$200 – US$300)
- Locale Medical Center – Enjoy the Texas sun by the outdoor pool of this amazing hotel that’s located near the Houston Zoo. Offering rooms with private balconies and modern amenities like a flat-screen TV and air-conditioning, the hotel is definitely a must keep! Just wait until you see their cool terrace that overlooks the city! There you’ll also find some hammocks where you can chill.
- Hilton Americas – Set in Downtown Houston within walking distance of Minute Maid Park, this Hilton hotel is connected to the George R. Brown Convention Center by an indoor sky-bridge! Wow! And that’s just one of the perks. You’ll also get an amazing indoor pool, a complimentary breakfast, and room service! Oh, and let’s not forget the fantastic spa center where you can experience the best body wraps!
- Home2 Suites At The Galleria – This Houston hotel has everything you need for your stay and that includes lots of modern amenities like rooms with air conditioning, a flat-screen TV, and a coffee maker, too! Set within walking distance of the Galleria Shopping Center and a short drive from the Memorial Park, the accommodation offers all guests access to an indoor swimming pool and a fitness center as well.
- Sara’s Inn on the Boulevard – Such a unique place to stay in Houston that’s set a 1-hour drive from Houston Arboretum! Only the executive suite has a private balcony (so make sure to secure your spot early), but otherwise all the rooms have a special charm and facilities like free Wi-Fi, air conditioning, and a coffee maker. With Victorian-style decoration and a serene garden, this accommodation is just perfect for your holiday!
Budget (up to US$150)
- The Grand Tuscany Hotel – This hotel features the whole package! Great facilities, selected rooms with a private balcony, and a seasonal outdoor pool with a water park, where you can relax, play and enjoy your free time! Set at a 30-minute drive from the George Bush Intercontinental Airport in Houston, TX, the accommodation also has a business center and a fitness center so you don’t skip gym day!
- La Quinta by Wyndham – If you’re looking for a hotel that’s close to Hobby Airport, then check out this one, which is only 25 minutes away. The accommodation has rooms with a private balcony, air conditioning, and a coffee maker so you can start the day right! Enjoy your days of swimming in the indoor pool, sweating in the fitness center, and maybe catching up with your work at the business center.
- Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham – I like the soft brown colors used in the decor of this cool hotel that is located less than 1 mile away from Hobby Airport. The accommodation has a contemporary look which you can notice throughout the hotel in spots like the fitness center, and a lovely outdoor pool with sun loungers! Some suites have a private balcony, and a private bathroom and they come with free Wi-Fi.
- Palace Inn Houston Northwest 290 – Looking for something a bit more affordable? Although this hotel is not really close to the city center, it offers some great rooms that have a balcony and a private bathroom. All the guests can order room service, and you’ll also find a few restaurants nearby the hotel, in case you’re craving something different.
- Crystal Inn – Here’s another hotel that’s set just an hour away from the George Bush Intercontinental Airport and from the Houston Arboretum. Perfect for anyone who’s coming with a car, as it offers free parking, the accommodation has rooms with a balcony, and all the facilities you’ll need like air conditioning and a flat-screen TV.
|🛎️ Best luxury hotel:||La Colombe d’Or Hotel|
|🧳 Best mid-range hotel:||Locale Medical Center|
|👛 Best budget hotel:||La Quinta by Wyndham|
|🏩 Top boutique hotel:||The Lancaster Hotel|
BONUS 1: Most popular boutique hotels in Houston
Now that we’ve seen so many amazing hotels with balconies in Houston I’d thought to spice things up a little! Since the city has lots of accommodation options I decided to offer you a few more options that are super stylish and unique.
Below you’ll find some fabulous boutique hotels in Houston which I listed from most to least expensive. The hotels are mid-range with prices from US$200 to US$300:
- The Lancaster Hotel – Not only is this boutique hotel listed as a Texas Historical Landmark but also as a Historic Hotel of America! Set near Downtown Houston and around 2 hours away from the Hobby Airport, the accommodation has such an elegant design and offers a free breakfast each morning at their American restaurant, and a business center in case you need to catch up with work.
- Hotel Icon – Once you step foot inside this Houston Hotel you’ll feel as if you’re in a ballroom somewhere in a palace! Those chandeliers are incredible and just wait until you see the rooms which are beautifully decorated and have a spa bath. During your stay, you can also treat yourself to some facials and massages at the spa, and also use the fitness center!
- Hotel Ylem – Loving all the different styles of furniture used to decorate this cool hotel that’s set a 15-minute drive away from Downtown Houston. There’s even a huge mural on its walls! As for the rooms they also come with cool designs and even a few paintings which look incredible! When you’re not out exploring the city you can take out some board games from the hotel, or hit the fitness center.
- Hotel Indigo Houston at the Galleria Mall – Featuring rooms that have large canvases and all the facilities you need, including a flat-screen cable TV and free Wi-Fi, this hotel is set near Galleria Shopping Centre and is only 1.5 hours away from Hobby Airport! So, if you’re planning to do some shopping while you’re in Houston, TX, and get some souvenirs you know where to go!
BONUS 2: Top-rated hotels for families in Houston
Planning a family holiday to Houston, TX? Well, there are lots of fun attractions that your kids will love like the Houston Zoo or the Downtown Aquarium. This means that you’ll also need a fabulous place to stay in town, and today I’ll help you with that!
Below you’ll find the best Houston hotels for families which I listed from most to least expensive. The accommodations are mid-range and luxury, with prices from US$300 to US$600:
- The Post Oak Hotel – Set a 15-minute drive away from Houston Zoo, this accommodation comes with spacious family rooms that have coffee and tea facilities, and large windows overlooking the city. During the day you can play with the kids by the outdoor pool and the hotel offers babysitting services, too if you want some time off to relax at the spa or hit the fitness center.
- The St. Regis Houston – Rent some bicycles from the hotel and explore Downtown Houston and the other areas while staying at this hotel set near the Galleria Mall. The accommodation has family rooms with a flat-screen cable TV and free Wi-Fi. With 4 on-site restaurants, a spa, and an outdoor pool, this hotel will be the perfect place to speed up your holiday in the city!
- The Houstonian Hotel – You’re going to love this Houston hotel that’s located a short walk away from Minute Maid Park! Why? Well, it has so many facilities including indoor and outdoor tennis courts, 3 swimming pools (with one specially made for the kids), playgrounds and also a spa center. As I said, there’s something for everyone, so pack your swimsuit and sports clothes, and get ready to engage in all sorts of activities!
- Embassy Suites Houston – If you want to be just a stone’s throw away from the major attractions like the Downtown Aquarium and only a 30-minute drive away from the Nasa Space Center, then book a family room at this fabulous hotel in Downtown Houston, TX! Here you can play all day by the outdoor swimming pool, eat yummy food at the on-site restaurant and work out in the fitness center.
FAQs about hotels in Houston with balcony
🤩 What are the best hotels with balconies in Houston?
❤️ Which hotels with balconies in Houston are romantic?
🏩 Which are the best boutique hotels in Houston?
🌆 What is the best part of Houston to stay in?
Downtown Houston is the best area to stay in the city as this is where you’ll find some of the best hotels and attractions like the Aquarium and Minute Maid Park.
♨️ Which Houston hotels have a balcony and jacuzzi?
Hotel Granduca is one of the best places in Houston that has a jacuzzi and rooms with a private terrace.
We’ve done it again! We’ve virtually traveled to another fantastic destination!
Now that we’ve seen all the best Houston hotels with a balcony, the top boutique hotels, and also some great hotels for families, we can wrap it up!
It’s been such a thrill to explore this city and all its hotels with you. However, if you’re still unsure about which hotel to pick, then check out my 2 favorite options below:
- La Colombe d’Or Hotel – Enjoy that famous Texas sun by the swimming pool of this hotel that has an outdoor fireplace and rooms with great city views
- Locale Medical Center – This modern hotel set near the Houston Medical Center offers an outdoor swimming pool, a garden, and a balcony
As I mentioned, these hotels are some of the best ones, which means that all tourists will run to book them first, so make sure you secure your spot early! Otherwise, you may be left with only the super-expensive and not-so-good-looking rooms.
Alright everyone, have an unforgettable holiday, and don’t forget I’m always around for questions! All you have to do is drop a comment below and I’ll answer ASAP!
Pin it for later!
Pin it for later!