“Winter Universiade” is an annual student and youth winter sports competition attended by people all over the world! This event includes various competitions of snowboarding, ice hockey, curling, figure skating, freestyle skiing and more!
The 29th edition of the Winter Universiade will take place between 2nd – 12th March 2019 in Krasnoyarsk, Russia. Krasnoyarsk city is located right in the heart of Siberia and it has a long history of sports, especially winter sports. Being in Siberia, you should be aware that the Krasnoyarsk climate is very cold and the highest temperature in March is 0° and the lowest is around -11°, so be careful to pack warm clothes! Be sure to check the Krasnoyarsk weather in advance as well!
If you are thinking of attending the 2019 Winter Universiade, then you are probably looking for a good accommodation option for your stay! Well, I have to warn you that, because this event is so popular all over the world, the hotel rooms are starting to book fast, so it is best to book yours as soon as possible!
The event will take place in different places and sports arenas that are scattered all around the city, so my opinion is to book an accommodation that is as close to the city center as possible, so you will be close to all transportation options, or one that fits your budget range best.
Here are some of the Winter Universiade 2019 venues where the Universiade games will take place:
- Universiade Village (the campus of the Siberian Federal University)
- Winter Sports Academy Regional Sports and Training Complex
- Funpark Bobrovy Log
- Platinum Arena Krasnoyarsk Sports and Entertainment Complex
- Crystal Ice Arena
- Biathlon Academy Multipurpose Complex
- Arena-Sever Multi-Functional Complex
- Leninsky Komsomol Stadium
- Ivan Yarygin Sports Palace
- Yenisei Ice Stadium
- Rassvet Ice Palace
- Pervomaisky Ice Arena
Even though some hotels are already sold out for the dates of the 2019 Winter Universiade, I have made my research and I have found some of the best Krasnoyarsk hotels, apartments and even guesthouses that still have some rooms available.
Here is the Krasnoyarsk map with all the hotels I am recommending:
Best Hotels in Krasnoyarsk
Luxury (US$170 and up)
There aren’t as many luxury hotels in Krasnoyarsk or 5-star hotels, but I tried to find the top ones for you. Just remember to book your stay as soon as possible, as most of the luxury hotels are already booked for the dates of the Winter Universiade in 2019!
- Metelitsa Hotel Krasnoyarsk Russia – This is a great 4-star hotel located right in the heart of the city. The rooms are decorated in a very stylish, classical way with wooden furniture and all the facilities you will need for a pleasant stay! Plus, the breakfast is delicious and it consists of traditional Russian food or international dishes.
- Novotel Krasnoyarsk Center – Novotel is my second recommendation for travelers who want to be spoiled during their stay in Russia! This awesome hotel awaits you with a great fitness center, a sauna, and beautiful, modern rooms! You will be glad to know that this hotel also has a very good on-site restaurant and bar!
Middle-priced (US$57 to US$170)
- Hotel Kupechesky – If you’re looking for a beautiful hotel located right in the historical center, this is your best choice! Hotel Kupechesky features some gorgeous, antique-decorated rooms where you will feel so relaxed! The hotel also has an on-site bar and a restaurant and even live piano music every evening!
- Mini Hotel Aqua – Life – You should know right from the start that this hotel is not located in the city center, but it is a bit more far away, while still accessible. The rooms are gorgeously decorated and in terms of facilities, it even features a sauna and a super nice seating area. Great value for money!
Budget (up to US$57)
There are various budget hotels and hostels in Krasnoyarsk, but here I selected the best ones that are still available at the moment. All of them have great reviews and all the facilities you will need:
- Hostel SREDA – For travelers looking to stay in a nice and comfortable hostel, this is a perfect choice! This awesome hotel awaits you with clean rooms equipped with flat-screen TV, a kitchenette with everything you will need and even an electric teapot!
- InWood Hostel – In case you’re looking for high-quality service, contemporary design, and a very friendly staff, this is the right hostel for you! At InWood you will find free Wi-Fi all over the property, free private parking, super clean rooms, and an overall relaxed atmosphere that you will definitely enjoy!
- Holiday на Заречной Hotel – This is my last recommendation for budget travelers going to Krasnoyarsk. The rooms at this property are very simple for comfy and the staff is super friendly and they can give you advice on what to in the surrounding area! Although this hotel is not located in the city center (it is 1.5km away), I think it has a great value!
If you prefer spending your days in Krasnoyarsk feeling at home, in the comfort of your own place, maybe an apartment will be a great solution for you, especially if you are a couple or if you are traveling with one more person. Here are my apartment choices, carefully chosen and grouped by budget:
Luxury (US$170 and up)
- Apartment E&J – This cool apartment is located only 650m from the city centers and it offers luxury facilities and amenities that you will definitely enjoy. At the accommodation you will benefit from free Wi-Fi all over the apartment, a flat-screen TV, a fully equipped kitchen and a spacious living room where you can relax and unwind after a full day of exploring. It’s the perfect choice for 2 or 3 people!
- Weekend Mini Hotel – If you would prefer an aparthotel, this is the right choice for you! This accommodation is located 1.6km from the city center and it even offers a shuttle to and from Krasnoyarsk airport for your convenience. Of course, you will also get free Wi-Fi, a fully equipped kitchenette, a flat-screen TV and everything else you may need for the perfect stay in the city. They have rooms for 1 or 2 people!
- Студия-Апартаменты в Красноярске – This is the ideal apartment for luxury travelers who have a rented car for their stay in Krasnoyarsk! Please note that this accommodation is a bit far away from the city center, but the rooms are simply gorgeous and the seating area is the perfect place for relaxation! I totally recommend it for a group of 3 people!
Middle-priced (US$57 to US$170)
- Baykal Apartments on Dekabristov – Located only 1.2km from the city center, this simple but super cozy apartment is the ideal place if you are looking for great value for money! This nice Krasnoyarsk accommodation awaits you with free Wi-Fi all over the place, a washing machine and ironing facilities, which I consider to be a big plus! They have options for 2, 3 or 4 people!
- Apartment Alekseeva 45 – Located a bit far from the city center, this modern and extra clean apartment awaits you with great facilities and good value for money! This apartment is perfect for 2 people, as it has 1 bedroom and a kitchen. You will definitely enjoy the décor and the friendliness of the staff!
- Apartment Ulitsa Alekseeva – If you’re looking for a spacious apartment for your stay, you have just found the perfect one! This apartment is ideal for 2 people as it has 1 bedroom, 1 kitchen, 1 bathroom with a hot tub and a nice balcony with views over the montains. It definitely deserves its money!
Budget (up to US$57)
- Apartment on Prospekt Mira 22 – This apartment is my first recommendation for budget travelers. It is located 1.4km away from the city center and it offers great facilities for a very accessible price! It is the perfect choice for 2 travelers going to Krasnoyarsk. The fully equipped kitchen is a very nice bonus!
- Apartment na Vodopyanogo – Even though it is located a bit far away from the city center, this apartment definitely deserves your attention! You will surely enjoy the tidy rooms with nice décor and the fully equipped kitchen where you can cook during your stay in the city! Besides, you will also get free Wi-Fi and I’m sure you will relax during your time there!
- Apartments on Vesny – This apartment is not located in the city center as well, but it is one of the best budget options out there. The rooms are clean and cozy and the staff is super friendly and always willing to help you and answer your questions! Plus, the fully equipped kitchen is a nice bonus and a money saver!
If you are traveling to Krasnoyarsk in a larger group, I totally recommend you book your stay at one of the guesthouses or villas in the city.
Here are some of the best options:
- Guesthouse Dobr Bobr – I am starting my guesthouse recommendations with this luxury villa perfect for 2, 5, 10 or even 16 people! The rooms are simple but cozy and you will also get a delicious continental breakfast each morning at the accommodation! And if you’re a fan of skiing, you can do it near this guesthouse!
- пос. Овинный ул. Западная, 30 Villa – If you are looking for a middle-priced villa for you and your friends, this is a very good option for a group of 12 people! This villa looks simply gorgeous, it has a classical décor and even a billiard table and its own private gym! What more can you wish for?
- House Hostel Krasnoyarsk – Another good middle-priced option is this superb villa! You can rent single or twin rooms in this accommodation and you can enjoy the cool outdoor swimming pool. You will also get free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TV and some rooms even have a balcony. Plus, the decor is really beautiful and the entire place has a very cozy overall feel!
- Bobrovy Log house Guest house – My third middle-priced guesthouse recommendation is this accommodation located right in the middle of nature! Although a bit far away from the city center, this guesthouse is perfect for a group of 6 people. The best part, you can relax and unwind in the beautiful garden and even use the grill facilities!
- Желенодорожников 22г Guest house – If you are traveling to the city on a budget and you want to share a 2-person room in a nice guesthouse for a really good price, this is your best option! During your stay, you will benefit from clean rooms, free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TV in your room, plus a very calm atmosphere! The best part? You can even do hiking near the accommodation, which is a nice bonus.
Type your dates here to see the rates:
Important information about the Russian Visa
By Russian law, every foreigner is supposed to register in an Immigration office on the day (!) of arrival. If you are going to Krasnoyarsk for the Winter Universiade 2019, you can apply for your visa before and the organizers will issue a visa invitation through the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and forwarded to the Consulate or Visa Centre of your preference.
Further information and assistance can be asked from the organizers through email: [email protected]
Once registered, they will give you a registration slip that you need to save until you leave the country. You will be fined if you don’t have this paper when you leave the country, so it is better to be safe than sorry.
These were all my accommodation recommendations for Krasnoyarsk, Russia, including hotels, apartments and guesthouses and villas, all sorted by price range. All of them have fabulous reviews and great facilities!
I hope you will find the best option for your stay and I also hope you will have a great time during your Krasnoyarsk travel at the Winter Universiade in March!
As always, if you have any questions feel free to leave them in the comments below. I am happy to help!
Pin it for later!
Pin it for later!