Hello, Operations Managers!
My name is Yulia and I am the CEO of Miss Tourist – I run the fast-growing travel blog site www.misstourist.com. Every month we help an average of 400,000 travelers and vacation planners by giving useful, first-hand travel tips and sharing experiences and hacks in planning their journeys to various destinations all over the world.
We are looking to hire a highly motivated, organized, and very well-traveled Operations Manager, who is also an effective people manager and can effectively wrangle our team of nomads to help smoothly run and keep track of our day-to-day operations. The “ringmaster” I have in mind, is a perfectionist who can whip our team into shape, making sure deadlines and targets are met and is a whiz at negotiating the best deals with our affiliates and partners for mutually profitable relationships.
As we are in the business of travel, our perfect candidate must also have traveled so he/ she can relate perfectly to our target market.
This is a full-time remote position.
We are looking for an Operations Manager specifically with these requirements:
- Native to advanced English communication skills.
- 5+ years of proven Operations Management experience.
- 2+ years experience in SEO and/or content marketing
- Experience in data analytics tracking, forecasting, and budget management.
- Has experience with managing at least 10 people
- Experience with hiring, on-boarding/off-boarding HR processes.
- Must be well-traveled.
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Creating, implementing, and optimizing processes within the organization to ensure smooth content production
- Helping with hiring talents for the company
- Making sure we have a constant flow of high quality content published on the site
- Handling the budget and ensuring everyone and everything that needs paying gets paid on time
- Have a clear understanding of data and analytics to provide profit and traffic forecasts as well as check that all work progress and KPIs in all departments are met
- Working with HR on personnel and contractor on and off-boarding processes as the Company continues to grow
- Creating and establishing policies with the view of promoting unified company culture and vision among all its employees
- Flexible working hours and location independence
- 3 weeks of paid time off (PTO) with 5 days of sick leave
- Travel insurance for traveling employees
- Competitive salary
- Opportunities for travel perks and free travel accommodations and services
- Paid training and conference attendance
- Possible annual in-person team retreat
- Guaranteed financial and career growth
This Position Is Perfect For You If…
You’re a tech-savvy
You are very comfortable with trying new software all the time. You are a spreadsheet and automation wizard, you are also able to help your team troubleshoot various technical problems (or be able to find someone fast who will do it).
You are a Perfectionist, Organized and Attentive down to the most minute of details
For you, nothing but the highest standard of perfection and the most demanding attention paid to the smallest detail of things is the only acceptable “bars” for performance.
You’re Motivated and a Self-Starter
We’re looking for someone who gets the job done and delivers on time. Ideally, you are self-directed, self-motivated, and don’t need someone to look over your shoulder or hold your hand. You can motivate yourself and motivate a team in a positive way to get the results.
You’re great with numbers and a Solutions Person
You can effectively handle the numbers be it in financials, data, or KPIs, and work them into strategies for the benefit of the team.
You’re extremely efficient
You pride yourself on saving time with everything you do in everyday life. Extensions to save your time, hot keys, labels and automatic reminders – you’ve done it all and are looking for more ways to do repetitive tasks faster!
You’re an Excellent Communicator
You have excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills. You are able to clearly and effectively explain complex topics in simple ways, and provide the best service to our partners and clients
What we do:
Please check us out to get an understanding of the service we deliver:
Our hiring process is made up of 4 parts – a video response questionnaire, filling in a form, an interview with an HR, an interview with the CEO. The final step in hiring is for you to arrange a personal reference call with your former bosses.
Thank you for taking the time to consider this position. I look forward to hearing from you soon!